PDA

View Full Version : Is this symptom anxiety?

Vale
07-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Hi all,

This is a bit hard to explain, so I'll do my best. These last two weeks, I've been experiencing severe anxiety and panic attacks for the first time ever. I've had mild to moderate anxiety for years, but everything kind of blew up recently.

Anyway, I'm feeling on the mend, having been basically out of commission for two weeks, including 3 trips to ER (one for dehydration, thanks to side effects of a new med).

Today, I'm feeling a lot closer to normal, except, I have this lingering issue. My head feels heavy, in kind of two ways. It literally feels heavy for my neck muscles, and I keep wanting to rest it. And it feels heavy in the foggy sort of sense. Also, my vision has been randomly ... blurring? Not exactly. It's definitely a focus issue, as if I'm mildly crossing my eyes. Especially when I rapidly change what I'm looking at. Double especially if I move my head to do so.

Could these be lingering symptoms of anxiety? Or Ativan? It happens even in the absence of any other symptoms.

Boo Bass
07-04-2016, 12:35 AM
Yep blurred vision can be an anxiety symptom where adrenaline targets the eye muscles. If you're taking ativan, it's because you're still suffering from anxiety.

Nowuccas
07-04-2016, 04:17 AM
"Ocular
Common (1% to 10%): Blurred vision
Frequency not reported: Diplopia, eye irritation, visual disturbance, visual field defect

Musculoskeletal
Common (1% to 10%): Myalgia
Frequency not reported: Muscle weakness, muscle cramps, arthralgia" - much more at https://www.drugs.com/sfx/ativan-side-effects.html

Kirk
07-04-2016, 06:52 AM
My internal medicine physician has told me that any lingering or bothersome symptoms should be reported to your physician.