PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Can you advise me

Puna
06-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Hello Everyone on here

I am not sure what is wrong with me and I appreciate that you are not all medical professionals but I would appreciate and need your help. I do not whether I have anxiety or depression or a bit of both. I will try to explain what happens to me.

I have always been anxious since I was a child and am now in my mid fifties and live on my own. I have siblings and my mother still lives in her 80s in reasonably good health. But whenever she gets an ache or pain (usually arthritic) I think she is going to die soon and/or suffer forever in great pain and then I head into a downward spiral and the whole world around me seems to collapse as well and I feel a complete stranger in the world. This can happen within minutes. My mind works overtime then and I picture myself all alone, unloved and alone. I try to reason myself out of this but nothing helps.

I have seen a doctor who suggested counselling and I have tried this twice with no effect. I have also tried homeopathy and herbalism with little effect. Phenibut helps but does not last forever. I am now trying Rhodiola Rosea for the last few days but with little effect so far, but I am hopeful. I have seen a Faster EFT (Tapping) practitioner and thought I had resolved many issues but they came back again.

I do not really want to try meds and perfect the natural route like Rhodiola Rosea.

This is all a bit random but it is hard to explain it all. Does this sound like specific anxiety? Or is OCD obsessive thoughts? I do have a longing for the past when i felt safer and happier. Also what can I do to help myself.

I look forward to your feedback and help.

Thank you so much,

Puna.

Ponder
06-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Regarding your wish → "I do not really want to try meds and perfect the natural route like Rhodiola Rosea."

What's your activity lvl like? How many hours do you sit in a chair, behind a desk, watch TV and or lounge around? Puttering after the kids does not really count. How long do you actually walk for? How many hours a day? What is the consistency of physical effort you exert during the day?

Add to that, what kind of food do you eat. How much sugar, how much salt, how many fried foods, how much of your food comes out of a box, or is packaged? We are supposed to be eating 90% fruit and veggies ... yadda yadda.

Basically - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to avoid medications. You do however have to be strong enough to give up addictions. We are all addicts looking for a short cut. This is why medications are so popular today. Becoming a guru in well being is also now being farmed in the same way as pills.

Just give up the poison and start moving more is any of us need. It's only hard because of how inactive and pacified we have all become.

Srry but NO - your perfectly normal. You might have to go to a few more docs and soon enough someone will give you a lable and then you can really start to dig your own hole like many of the others who frequent in here.

Best of luck with whatever your chasing.

Anne1221
06-30-2016, 07:46 PM
You have anxiety. Is there any way you can start to join some social groups and meet new people? If you can increase your circle of close ones, beyond family members, you may feel a greater sense of security. It's hard to do, but socializing can be quite therapeutic. Also exercise is good but even if it's just volunteer work, get out and meet some new people. Join in and give groups a try.

Kirk
06-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Maybe accupuncture, meditation, or bio-feedback may help.

PracticalGrit617
07-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi Puna,
Anxiety is worry about future events and fear about your ability to cope with them. It seems as though, based on what you said, that you are letting fear get the better of you. Do you have a strong relationship with your mother? Fear of separation may be the root of the anxiety. If your mother is a big part of your life, it may be that worry is fueling the anxiety of loss of identity. I encourage you to speak with your mother directly regarding this situation. Be specific, intentional and honest with your questions. I would encourage you to regularly spend time with her. I don't know what your beliefs are, but Christ promises life after death, and comfort for those who mourn. He promises to never leave us or forsake us. We can be confident in who we are because we know who we are in Him: loved. I'm praying you are filled with peace and understanding as you seek the truth.