PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety / Depression / Mental Health Advocacy Blog

Two One
06-26-2016, 01:16 PM
Hello, everyone. I apologize for the self-promotion here, but I started a blog about anxiety and mental health a few months ago. I don't have too many posts yet, but I plan to post weekly throughout the summer. I will discuss a variety of different topics but I will largely focus on the struggle of living with chronic anxiety. I will share my story as well as discuss the known physiology and biobehavioral science behind anxiety disorders. The biggest reason I started this blog is because mental health is still very much a field in need of public leadership. I'm hoping that I will be able to make even a small contribution. Any support is appreciated as I'm also a medical student, and I want this to get noticed by my school. Thank you in advance!

https://troubledmindsite.wordpress.com/

Ponder
06-26-2016, 03:30 PM
You introduction is better than most promoters that often come here and exploit the weak and vulnerable. I'm not so welcoming of self promoters due to such, however I think you have done a good job and sense you have genuine intent.

On that note I wish you all the best and will actually favorite your site and check it out in more detail when I have time. Seems you have put in a LOT of work and you have some great skills. I'll give you some feed back once I read some more.

Congatz and a great looking website.

Two One
07-03-2016, 12:57 PM
You introduction is better than most promoters that often come here and exploit the weak and vulnerable. I'm not so welcoming of self promoters due to such, however I think you have done a good job and sense you have genuine intent.

On that note I wish you all the best and will actually favorite your site and check it out in more detail when I have time. Seems you have put in a LOT of work and you have some great skills. I'll give you some feed back once I read some more.

Congatz and a great looking website.

I also don't care for self-promotion most of the time. That's why I put a lot of thought into whether I should post this on here or not. I'm definitely not here to exploit any members, and as I said, I'm doing this to try and provide some public advocacy for mental health. Thank you for the feedback!

Ponder
07-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Hi Two One, I have your "Troubled Mind" (https://troubledmindsite.wordpress.com/) blog favourited. I think your doing a great job advocating in such a manner. I really love the way your exposing the truth that the system keeps failing to address. The way you you have shared the science on anxiety I thought was very effective in reaching people who don't understand. You have a nice tone as well. It's good to see so many enthusiastic writers entering this forum.

I just subscribed to your Blog.
Take your time with posting though. I understand how things pop up or we just move on. I am thinking of start my own blog once again.

Thx for the inspiration.

Kirk
07-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Excellent.