PDA

View Full Version : Possible panic attack

don.ravik
06-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Hello!
Today was my second time having something that was now defined as a panic attack. First time it was on a plane (just a sudden feeling of chocking, which passed after a lot of water, deep breathing and the plane landing) and the second time was today ,when i woke up with an overwhelming feeling of chocking/not getting enough air which was later replaced by the feeling of extreme cold, which took form in extreme trmbeling(to the point where talking was quite difficult) and red hands (the kind one gets during cold weather) which was later replaced by the feeling of my face burning up and then trembling again. i called the ambulance and the doctor they took me to diagnosed it as a panic attack. Im sceptical about the diagnosis and will have more tests done to ensure it's not some thyroid disfunction, but for the meantime i wanted to get some feedback, wether somone had been in a similar situation or not. The thing is that on both occasions i hadn't been extra stressed out or had overexerted myself, rather both days had been, prior to the moment of the attack, rather happy and relaxed days and im certanly not afraid of planes, being in constat cycle of flying home and back. The thought of going back to sleep sure gives me chills though.
If anyone does end up reading/replying thank you for your time.

Anne1221
06-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Others have reported on this forum that they had panic attacks when they did not feel stressed or anxious. It sounds like a panic attack to me but further tests are probably a good idea. Thyroid dysfunction would probably not present itself in this manner, but testing your thyroid is simple as there is a blood test for that.

SanFranLarry
06-17-2016, 07:37 PM
I have had panic attacks seemingly come out of nowhere (albeit probably something in my subconscious). Usually they're not major (thank God) but it does happen.

foreman
06-18-2016, 04:52 AM
Well i think its a panick atack but at some less level i think and thats way you dont feel it like a panick atack