PDA

View Full Version : Convince me to take my Xanax..

wish0
06-16-2016, 05:04 PM
I've been dealing with panic attacks lately and the doctor prescribed my Xanax as needed. Well guess what? Im terrified of meds. Im scared of the way they will make me feel. I don't want to be like a walking zombie.. Anyone have any expierence with it? I have a very low dose .. .25mg so I know it shouldn't be too bad but idk.. Positive feedback please?

Dahila
06-16-2016, 05:22 PM
I have experience with all the benzos for the last 45 years or so, xanax is good for panic attacks but not to treat anxiety. when you are very bad take it. Panic attack or constant anxiety do a lot of harm to the body. You need to calm down to work on some strategy; how to work with your anxiety, try the meditation a lot of people have good results with it. what about some herbals?

The Intolerable Kid
06-17-2016, 07:00 AM
I didn't feel any negative effects when I took it. The important thing is to find the correct dose that works for you. I was able to go down to 1/4th my original dose. It really did help with anxiety. I've been on a few different meds and in my opinion Xanax is nothing to be afraid of, especially at the low dose you describe.
Don't be like this man I was in the hospital with once - he had shattered his leg in a motorcycle accident. Since he had shards of bone that would've caused great pain they gave him morphine to keep him comfortable. He actually complained about the morphine. "It makes me feel dopey," he said. Well, duh. Sometimes in certain situations it is OK to sit back and feel better. Sometimes a person needs to give themselves permission to get high, feeling better (in moderation) is nothing to be scared or ashamed of, it's just part of life and as Marcus Aurelius said: "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." So don't fear meds. Your brain manufactures it's own meds like endorphins anyway, whether you like it or not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphins
Good luck with your treatment.

foreman
06-18-2016, 05:03 AM
Take it man because will help you to heal your anxiety if you dont take meds how you want to heal your afections ? Taking meds its not such a bad thing ,i know many powerful person in this life who take meds and they dont have any problem with it

Two One
06-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Take it, you will feel a lot better. Benzodiazepines are really not as bad as doctors and the media try to make them out to be. It's all about finding the right medication and dosage for you. I've been on 0.5 mg of Klonopin for almost two years. When I take it I don't feel like a zombie, and I definitely don't feel high, I simply feel normal. However, I advise you to take the Xanax only when you truly need it and take it as prescribed. If it says once a day, take it only once a day. Keep in mind .25 mg is a very low dose, you should be fine.

Dahila
06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Take it man because will help you to heal your anxiety if you dont take meds how you want to heal your afections ? Taking meds its not such a bad thing ,i know many powerful person in this life who take meds and they dont have any problem with it
Excuse me, but Xanax or any other benzo do not cure anxiety, nothing does, Only you can cure your anxiety and it is like smoking, when you quit you need to control it to the end of your life. With anxiety it is similar. you need to remember, and take action.

Kirk
06-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Acceptance of your anxiety is the key to overcoming it.

Boo Bass
06-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Xanax is good as a crutch in the short term but as Dahila says not a cure. You need to work on acceptance not fighting it. Read or listen to anything by Claire Weekes

Kirk
06-23-2016, 06:13 AM
My internal medicine physician told me drugs like Xanax, Valium, etc., are best left for emergencies. As I have mentioned before, my wife is a long time pharmacist for a national
retail chain. She has told me that some people are on large daily does of Valium, etc. and have been on them for long periods of time. This is the only way they can function in
life and society. She also told me that in some instances, the SSRI's don't always work effectively and they are left with no choice when all else fails.