PDA

View Full Version : scared

me
01-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi, this is my first entry here and on anything like this, so i've never done this before. I just want to understand why i am having all of this fear from my anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. i'm only 16 years old, i want my life back, i've been struggling with this for over a year now, with treatment and now medications, but i feel i'm getting worse. i've tried EVERYTHING! i don't want to become housebound and i'm really worried about still being able to attend school, i've had to leave once....only once, but thats one too many for me. i just got my drivers liscence and can no longer drive, i have attacks or don't feel right while driving, making it scarier. i want to know how many others suffer from this frustrating disorder and how you're trying to overcome it as well, please. i need support from people who truly understand and know what's happening to me. thank you for reading, and please respond.

i feel like i'm not real, as if i'm constantly dreaming, detatched from myself...this is what scares me the most, i don't want to be afraid anymore.

shoe
01-06-2006, 09:57 AM
hi me, welcome to the forum. You are definitely not alone, others here share the same problems as you. I have SA and had a lot of difficulties in school myself, but not in an agoraphobic way.

Have u been to any other psychologists, 'me'? Or is it too hard to go to see them? Sometimes its about finding the right one, and most certainly one that knows CBT. There are also alternative treatments you might look into, I listed a few in the 'Resources' section =)

shoe

brickyard_red
01-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Hello and Welcome me. I'm glad you were able to find this forum and post. I too suffer from social anxiety with agoraphobic tendancies. I have gotten myself to the point where I can get out to work and my mom's house. It takes time and will power and the aide of dr.s and medication in my circumstance anyways.

Everyone is different in how they are affected and how they handle it. What works for one person may not work for another. Read what the others have said and do some research on it. And also like Shoe said, maybe you need to try a different dr.

I hope that this forum can help you and you will be able to make many friends here, I"m sure. Stick around and never be afraid to post. This is a very caring community and we're glad you're here.

Cath :)

me
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
thank you :)