PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety!

brebre003
10-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone! Im new here and im wanting to know if there are any other health anxiety people out there! I have had anxiety with panic disorder since I was 10 years old from when I can rememebr my first panic attack. I would always stay up till the morning fearing of going to sleep cause I would never wake up. Then it went away for a few years till my high school years where out of the blue I would get a horrible panic attack and these came on and off till my sophomore year when a teacher discovered I have anxiety and panic attacks so she told me about a doc and therapist which helps ALOT! though I was on zoloft and that made me numb I didnt care I just didnt want to have an anxiety attack. I went off of zoloft when I got out of high school cause I wanted to do it on my own and found ways to stay busy and not have to worry about the anxiety cause I knew what triggrd them so I would avod them. As years went on I started getting more fears of cancer due to my sister had it. Then I would hear about diseases and feel I had them. I have seen different therapist but none can compare to the one I had in high school but I moved away so cant see him anymore. WEll I also had a fear of not knowing what diseases ran in my family cause I never knew my dad. I have an 18 mo old baby and decided to find my dad and what do you know. He has rare disease called tay-sach and now im flipping out. I havent eaten or slept im just so overwhelemd with panic wondering if I can get it so I made an appt to get a genetics test done on myself and baby and my husband has to get checked in case im a carrier and if two carriers get together they make an affected child. Im so scared and my panic is racing like crazy. I tried to get into a psychiatris but of course cant get in till the first on nov and im just so ?

sarah30
10-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey everyone! Im new here and im wanting to know if there are any other health anxiety people out there! I have had anxiety with panic disorder since I was 10 years old from when I can rememebr my first panic attack. I would always stay up till the morning fearing of going to sleep cause I would never wake up. Then it went away for a few years till my high school years where out of the blue I would get a horrible panic attack and these came on and off till my sophomore year when a teacher discovered I have anxiety and panic attacks so she told me about a doc and therapist which helps ALOT! though I was on zoloft and that made me numb I didnt care I just didnt want to have an anxiety attack. I went off of zoloft when I got out of high school cause I wanted to do it on my own and found ways to stay busy and not have to worry about the anxiety cause I knew what triggrd them so I would avod them. As years went on I started getting more fears of cancer due to my sister had it. Then I would hear about diseases and feel I had them. I have seen different therapist but none can compare to the one I had in high school but I moved away so cant see him anymore. WEll I also had a fear of not knowing what diseases ran in my family cause I never knew my dad. I have an 18 mo old baby and decided to find my dad and what do you know. He has rare disease called tay-sach and now im flipping out. I havent eaten or slept im just so overwhelemd with panic wondering if I can get it so I made an appt to get a genetics test done on myself and baby and my husband has to get checked in case im a carrier and if two carriers get together they make an affected child. Im so scared and my panic is racing like crazy. I tried to get into a psychiatris but of course cant get in till the first on nov and im just so ? I understand how you feel. i have the smae issue. i have began counseling again and feel some better. It is the hardest thing to deal with sometimes anxiety is scary. I have had it my whole life. What gets me through the day is prayer and faith in God. Who knows all that will happen. The Lord hath not given you the spirit of fear. but, of peace and of a sound mind. I quote this small bible verse when it gets unbearable. he is our strength and our refuge. Fear comes from the devil not God. I hope this helps you some. God Bless.