PDA

View Full Version : heart pounding,pins and needles and short of breathness

Alessandro Pagani
06-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone,
unfortunalty i have a long history of anxiety related issues eve though im just 34. a few years back i quit medications due to an abundance of side effects and managed just fine with physical activity and taking up cookig.two weeks ago hell broke loose.all of a sudden short of breath,heart pounding,pins and needles in my arms and obviously the thought of dying of a heart attack came back.this is now affecting my gym time as well as every time my heart races i think im having a heart attack at the gym and i panic.today was a bad day all day my heart has been pounding.two years ago i got a 24hr heart monitor and they told me it was all good.
i am very concerned,feel hopeless and scared.
ale

Large
06-13-2016, 02:42 PM
You are having exactly what happens to me. Pins and needles, heart races, I get hot flashes and cold flashes. It sucks. All I can say. I wish I could make it stop but I haven't figured it out yet.

The only thing I keep telling myself when it happens is, 'You have been to the doctor and you are fine.'

Anne1221
06-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Possibly a very low dose of the medication would be helpful, but not enough to overwhelm you with side effects.

SanFranLarry
06-13-2016, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a panic attack to me. We've all been there.