PDA

View Full Version : paxil, ativan

Pokerguy
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi I have been taking 20 mg of paxil for about 6 days now. I also take 1mg ativan prob twice a day for 2 weeks. I am trying not to take ativan because of dependency, I have taken paxil in past but am wondering I feel out of it like cloudy and cant rember, because of constant worry and anxiety thats why i am on it. I feel like my mind is shot and blank. Can anyone tell me if you are supposed to feel like blaHHHH. I CANT EVEN THINK RIGHT NOW.

Bree
11-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I get like that from ativan - cloudy and can't remember.

linmaeski
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi I have been taking 20 mg of paxil for about 6 days now. I also take 1mg ativan prob twice a day for 2 weeks. I am trying not to take ativan because of dependency, I have taken paxil in past but am wondering I feel out of it like cloudy and cant rember, because of constant worry and anxiety thats why i am on it. I feel like my mind is shot and blank. Can anyone tell me if you are supposed to feel like blaHHHH. I CANT EVEN THINK RIGHT NOW.

Yeah I agree with Bree... I have noticed on xanax/ativan that it makes you cloudy headed. I have come to the conclusion that it is because it relaxes you to the point where your motor and general functions are affected (i compare it to the way I feel on a painkiller times 10). I would recommend trying to slow down on the ativan and let the Paxil take it's course. Once you start feeling the effects of the Paxil you probably won't need the ativan as much anyways. Hope that helps!