PDA

View Full Version : Terrified Of My Father

PrincessDove
06-06-2016, 11:00 PM
MY father is very unpredictable is in his dying stages, and yet I'm so scared of him. I think I have post trauma because he yells a lot and can be very violent at the most unpredictable times- as far as running after someone with a machete. Now he is in his dying stages and he refuses to go to the hospital and I'm still frightened by him. MY anxiety gets so high, and when I think I hear him my blood turns ice cold. I am a highly sensitive person and I don't know how to stop this anxiety. I find myself pausing from whatever it is I am doing, just because I think I heard him yell when in reality its the neighbors yelling/playing/etc. I think I suffer post trauma from him. I try to acknowledge my fears, but they just wont go away. And my mind starts racing all these weird or impossible scenarios where he's behind me and about to hit me or that he is yelling and he can hardly walk anymore. He used to always walk around the house without making a sound, and make me jump when he suddenly comes into a room. I don't know what to do. :( He's been scaring me since a very long time..........and i tried to self therapy but I feel I might need natural medicines to calm down or therapy. What can I do?

foreman
06-08-2016, 05:29 AM
Well definetively your fathe cause you to be so anxious because its scary you a lot and this afect you .Try to speak with a therapist because for sure it can help you .and also try meditation and hypnosis i heard good things about using them

The Intolerable Kid
06-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Sorry for your troubles, I can sympathize. My father had the same problem with his father. Foreman's advice is good, although I myself have never benefited from a therapist. Maybe you can get some meds prescribed that will help you through this difficult time. The only natural medication I can recommend from experience is cannabis, but that depends on it's legality where you live. CBD oil is also supposed to reduce anxiety and can be had without a prescription. Good luck to you.