PDA

View Full Version : coming up with a title gives me anxiety

pillgirl82
06-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Hi. First time here.
I'm a 32 year old former Chef. I'm currently a third year science student in university, planning on starting a new career in dietetics.
Well, I've had problems with anxiety and depression since I was a child, and I've been prescribed every med there is. Not much has helped.
My main issue these days is insomnia, social anxiety, and extreme anger. I have a hard time maintaining relationships with people, especially family members....
It seems like family has a special way of getting under your skin... especially when they think they understand mental illness, but really don't.
Is anyone else tired of hearing "You shouldn't be anxious!"?
That's it for now.

KittenTrans
06-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Yes, which is why I had to drug them, smother them in melted chocolate, put them in the fridge overnight and consume their delicious chocolatey bodies the next day in bed while watching bad daytime TV.

pillgirl82
06-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Yes, which is why I had to drug them, smother them in melted chocolate, put them in the fridge overnight and consume their delicious chocolatey bodies the next day in bed while watching bad daytime TV.

I like this SO MUCH.

verDominai
06-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi! Sounds like you have basically the same issues I do.
Yup, family can be an annoyance. So much for that stuff about blood being thicker than.. Whatever. I stealthily stopped being around mine and haven't regretted it. There's only drama with them.

pillgirl82
06-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi! Sounds like you have basically the same issues I do.
Yup, family can be an annoyance. So much for that stuff about blood being thicker than.. Whatever. I stealthily stopped being around mine and haven't regretted it. There's only drama with them.

I feel so much guilt about it. But my mother is the WORST. When I'm with her I often fantasize about crushing her twig-like throat..... her fave thing to say to me is "You need an attitude adjustment!" Or, "Think of all the good things in your life. It will cheer you up." These comments only function to make me feel angry or guilty, and are not conducive to healing at all!
I'd like to have a relationship with my family but I don't know if it's worth the sacrifice.....

KittenTrans
06-06-2016, 12:53 AM
I feel so much guilt about it. But my mother is the WORST. When I'm with her I often fantasize about crushing her twig-like throat..... her fave thing to say to me is "You need an attitude adjustment!" Or, "Think of all the good things in your life. It will cheer you up." These comments only function to make me feel angry or guilty, and are not conducive to healing at all!
I'd like to have a relationship with my family but I don't know if it's worth the sacrifice.....

Twiglet like throat..LOL