PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

hopeful_heart
06-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Hi,
I thought that it might be a good idea for me to join a place where i can relate to others and others can relate to me..So here I am :P
I don't really know too much of how this is going to go but I'm hoping for the best. Just a little info on me, i started having anxiety my freshman year of high school when it was time to go to school and I had a full blown panic attack..It has only escalated from there. I really hope this forum helps in some way!

verDominai
06-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Welcome! I'm new too. So maybe it's not my place to welcome you but still. ;P

KittenTrans
06-02-2016, 02:07 AM
Another newbie extending a welcoming hand..:)

loves2readYA
06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Welcome! It's great that you're here, where you can share what's on your heart. I wish high school wasn't the source of such anxiety, but unfortunately it is. I have three teen sons, two in high school, and I'll share with them a piece of advice I gave them: do your best and let God do the rest. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6. That's my go-to verse when I'm feeling anxious! I hope it helps you, too.

Kirk
06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the forum and you should be able to find support here.

Acros478
06-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Hey everyone,
I am new here. Hope all are doing good. I have some personal issues with me. I found this forum by my friend and It's very useful.

KittenTrans
06-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Welcome Acros478 :)

PracticalGrit617
06-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Hi,
I thought that it might be a good idea for me to join a place where i can relate to others and others can relate to me..So here I am :P
I don't really know too much of how this is going to go but I'm hoping for the best. Just a little info on me, i started having anxiety my freshman year of high school when it was time to go to school and I had a full blown panic attack..It has only escalated from there. I really hope this forum helps in some way!
Being filled with hope is a great start! I experienced a full blown panic attack when I was dealing with moving to another state. After praying about it, I had a God-given revelation: the anxiety stemmed not only from fear of the unknown, but also from a lack of confidence and trust. Anytime you're tempted to feel anxiety, fear or worry remind yourself that you have the strength and courage to handle any situation!

tndawg
06-10-2016, 01:57 PM
Having others to talk can definitely help alleviate anxiety. High school is tough, especially that freshman year. Do you have someone at school you can talk to?

PracticalGrit617
06-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Having others to talk can definitely help alleviate anxiety. High school is tough, especially that freshman year. Do you have someone at school you can talk to?

That's a great perspective and suggestion. There are usually counselors who can help. And sometimes there are even student organizations that can offer words of advice :)

hopeful_heart
06-10-2016, 08:51 PM

That's a great perspective and suggestion. There are usually counselors who can help. And sometimes there are even student organizations that can offer words of advice :)

Thanks for the advice/suggestions, i am no longer a Freshman as I'm going into Junior year now and i have switched to an online school to ease my anxiety a bit. Oh and i have just recently gotten a counselor :)

PracticalGrit617
06-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the advice/suggestions, i am no longer a Freshman as I'm going into Junior year now and i have switched to an online school to ease my anxiety a bit. Oh and i have just recently gotten a counselor :)
Congrats on the counselor! :D That's great news! I took online classes too at one point. They're great in that you learn how to effectively manage your time. However, it can also isolate you if you're not careful. Take advantage of the flexibility the classes offer. That was my favorite part of online school! Don't be afraid to challenge yourself by pursuing your talents, interests, or hobbies. For instance, I'm challenging myself to join a 30 day pilates class. In this way, I'm overcoming my anxiety which stems from vulnerability. Being surrounded by the right group of people helps us to succeed through accountability. And it's easier to overcome anxiety when we're with like-minded people who share the same goals or interests. Keep going strong! I believe in you!