PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent it out

Confidential
05-27-2016, 09:47 AM
Hello, I've been a long time anxiety sufferer, and when it gets to its worst, I turn to here for comfort. This place is truly amazing and the only place filled with people who can relate and understand. So I just needed to talk it out with people who understand this terrible time I'm going through. I recently about a month ago switched to a new anti depressant because my doctor said it was weight neutral and could help me lose some weight. Just as in the past with trying a new med, it didn't work, but this one actually added some pretty terrible side effects, and my anxiety was actually getting a little worse on it. So as of Tuesday I stopped taking it and went back to what I was on before. So I realize that as during any med switch, my anxiety needs to go up before it can go down, and boy is it up. As if all that wasn't bad enough, I was informed Monday of a stupid stupid mistake I made at work, and the promotion I had received just back in February after 5 years of hard work might be taken away from me, and possibly even my job itself. So now I'm in a limbo, feel like I'm walking the worlds slowest plank. While waiting to hear about their decision on top my already on edge anxiety, my stomach is in such bad shape I can't tell if its the normal anxiety, the terror of losing my job, or some hideous combination of both. I just need to keep telling myself that once the medication kicks back in(I know it could be weeks) that this feeling will pass. Thanks for listening and any words of advice would be great :)

Anne1221
05-27-2016, 11:25 AM
Each day you will feel a little bit better. That's how it is with me. Don't worry too much about your job. My therapist tells me not to run up to meet problems but wait until they come. See what happens first, then deal with it. I don't think you will lose your job at all. People are human and they make mistakes.

TreeStar
05-28-2016, 05:29 AM
Each day you will feel a little bit better. That's how it is with me. Don't worry too much about your job. My therapist tells me not to run up to meet problems but wait until they come. See what happens first, then deal with it. I don't think you will lose your job at all. People are human and they make mistakes.

I agree with Anne, (I love what the therapist has said!)
People make mistakes, and being anxious doesn't help as it magnifies everything to be so much bigger than it is!

Kirk
05-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Job stress can be tough to deal with especially in your situation and I would try not to be too hard on yourself.