PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety hits me B4 bed

scatmantom
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi
Sorry everything i post on here lately has been doom and gloom. I do appriecate the fact that som1 is willing to listen to me harp on!

The last few days I have been feeling anxious as Im just back at work after about 2 weeks off ( i am usualy nervous going back after a break). Im fine all day at work, fine in the morning, but when it comes to the evening and i think about going to bed i start getting nervous. I can tell im slipping into anxiety and a possible panic attack, i put it off for as long as possible by keeping busy. But when i stop and have time to let my thoughts set in i become more and more anxious to the point where i can sleep till 3-4am.

Is there any thing I can do to try and sleep ( no meds tho I dont wanna become addicted to those!!!!)

Thanks Tom

PsyhoPrincess
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I have another problem....i wake up every hour .....so sleeping is impossible
I take VALERIUM, its a root
You can find it in every drug store , they sell it as a supplement
It calms you down and puts you into sleep
I also bought Valerium tea......it knocks you out in 5 min
Also before going to bed try warm bath with calming aroma oils
And also try warm milk right before going to bed

shahram72
01-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Vigorous exercise can also help. I take xanax when I feel anxious at nite, but only occaisionally, as I also do not want to become addicted to it.

Maggie May
01-12-2006, 03:05 AM
I second that. I hate that this is the truth, but 30 minutes of exercise every day can get you pretty far down the road to beating anxiety.

It's troublesome for me because if I don't exercise then I have all these crappy repetitive thoughts like, "You're a loser! Why didn't you exercise! What kind of a moron knows exercise helps and then doesn't do it!"

That's the voice of the anxiety, and most of the time I just try to give it the finger. :)

Maggie

shoe
01-12-2006, 07:45 AM
lol MaggieMay. I'd love to give anxiety more than just the finger :lol:

btw, Psyho - I think its 'valerian' root, right? I've heard good things about that. I should try it one day. Somewhere I saw it recommended to take it mixed with 'passionflower' for even better results *shrug*

Littlebobo
01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
I have also spent many sleepless night couting the dots on the ceiling and thinking about things that there is no way i can do anything about at 3 in the morning !

I was told that Vitamin b and kava kava are good herbal remedies although i am not sure about how avaliable this stuff is now b12 and b 6 are the recommened.

Other than that going for a walk or other gentle excercise is sadly the best thing that you can do, if i have a bad night i often find myself running in the morning to try and shake things off.