PDA

View Full Version : And now it starts "Quetiapine"

Turntsnacko
05-26-2016, 02:10 PM
So my referral pushed through and I got to see the shrink. He analyzed my symptoms and told him about the weird things I think that are not necessarily negative. Just really weird. Mostly to entertain myself. He took it as a sign and gave me Quetiapine and was rather reluctant on the idea of me seeking help online. Even laughed a little at the idea.

I'm just wondering a few things...
Is he taking me seriously?
Or am I just overthinking? I don't really wanna doubt the 10+ years trained doctors.

Kirk
05-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Sometimes talking to others can help, not for medical advice, but for moral support. It would appear he is taking you seriously, as it is a powerful medication.

Turntsnacko
05-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Yur not kidding. I spent the whole morning too dizzy and tired to do anything. Is that normal? ...Maybe it'll pass?

Brian1992
05-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Yur not kidding. I spent the whole morning too dizzy and tired to do anything. Is that normal? ...Maybe it'll pass?

I'm sort of going through the same thing... Lightheadedness / brain fog / head pressure. I thought I was having a stroke cause it's that bad.. Had to go to the ER and it went away after a Xanax -.- I guess it's a stubborn tension headache as my forhead and facial cheeks are always tense.. I've felt like this for 8 days now.. It's horrible.

Kirk
05-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Sometimes it takes a while for your body to adjust to a new medication.

Turntsnacko
05-29-2016, 03:52 PM
I wanna talk to my doctor about cutting my dosage in half...since the effects were so strong. Is that ok?

Kirk
05-29-2016, 07:23 PM
I think it would be OK to run it by him and see what he says.

Turntsnacko
05-31-2016, 12:43 PM
Hey thanks for being helpful man. I'm very grateful :D

Turntsnacko
05-31-2016, 12:44 PM
Sorry about that. I truly hope you get better.