PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual Cycle and anxiety/panic? severe?

tidalpine
05-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Its 6 days till my period, and all week ive been a ball of anxiety and panic. it's damn near debilitating. i feel like i cant function normally. i have trouble leaving home, and it seems like all my emotions are hightened. i had a very severe panic attack and stressful day almost 2 weeks ago i believe that really scared me to death. but getting closer to my period, i get anxious and upset about the smallest things. i cant focus, my heart is racy, and i've had issues sleeping well. Ive also been tired, and cant seem to relax. i want to go back on the pill soon. its just hard to get out and go to the doctor like this. its terrifying.
this is horrible. and ive also had more issues with my derealization and depersonalization too.

Can someone give me advice that this is normal? I went and had full bloodwork done yesterday, and checked vitamins, and my thyroid and everything. 100% good. i even asked to have my magnesium checked too.

I just want some relief. i woke up in the middle of the night panicking too. my sleep hasnt been too consistent and im sure that doesnt help much. i feel like i could just cry and cry. damn hormones.

Any advice? feel free to email me if you have the same issues

Dahila
05-25-2016, 05:24 PM
What the heck you have just pms, every woman goes though this...............not everything is panic attack. If you do not feel it is normal go to doctor. Please do not seek medical advice on internet forums

citrusbliss
05-30-2016, 03:48 AM
Are your D3 levels normal?

I'd say the anxiety could be normal. Before a period, your ovaries produce estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. This in turn, causes a period. These hormone levels rising can cause a lot of issues for some women. Either moodiness, anxiety, lightheadedness, migraines, etc.

The other symptoms (such as the derealization and depersonalization) point toward something more serious.

I'd go back to the doctor, order some more labs.

tidalpine
05-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Are your D3 levels normal?

I'd say the anxiety could be normal. Before a period, your ovaries produce estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. This in turn, causes a period. These hormone levels rising can cause a lot of issues for some women. Either moodiness, anxiety, lightheadedness, migraines, etc.

The other symptoms (such as the derealization and depersonalization) point toward something more serious.

I'd go back to the doctor, order some more labs.

I had a complete metabolic panel done last week. i requested all the vitamins, and even a thyroid stimulation hormone test, i asked for the works. CBC and all. id been particularly stressed the week before my PMS started also. im starting to think its either a hormone imbalance or PMDD , as most of the symptoms fit. ill discuss the PMDD when i go visit my doctor again in the next week or so

(ive had DP/DR since last july,) And ive had CT scans, and such since. doctor said its from anxiety and panic attacks)