PDA

View Full Version : Xanax to Klonopin

mth_2008
10-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Hey everyone, Thank you in advance for your help!
I have been taking Xanax 1.5mg at bed time and .5 throughout the day as needed for the past 8-10 months. My Doc and I agree that Klonopin might be a better choice for me cause of It's longer lasting half life. I am pretty nervous and dont know what to expect. My questions are...
1) Has anyone else switched abruptly from xanax to klonopin before
without tapering or weaning down the xanax?
2) Is is possible to take them both at the same time?

Any inupt or advice is much appreciated. Thanks

LAURA01
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Hey everyone, Thank you in advance for your help!
I have been taking Xanax 1.5mg at bed time and .5 throughout the day as needed for the past 8-10 months. My Doc and I agree that Klonopin might be a better choice for me cause of It's longer lasting half life. I am pretty nervous and dont know what to expect. My questions are...
1) Has anyone else switched abruptly from xanax to klonopin before
without tapering or weaning down the xanax?
2) Is is possible to take them both at the same time?

Any inupt or advice is much appreciated. Thanks I JUST JOINED THIS GROUP, ANDMY DOC DID THE SAME WITH ME XANAX AND KLONOPIN, AND THEY ARE NO SIDE EFFECTS, ATLEAST THAT I HAD!!! NOW YESTEDAY I WAS INCREASED 1 MG OF XANAX, I ASKED WHY NOT KLONOPIN,I WAS TOLD, BECAUSE IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE!!!! GIVE ME A GUN!!!!! JUST SHUT ME DOWN 1/2 MG OF KLOLNAPIN THEN 1 MG OF XANAX

mth_2008
10-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Well i guess this isnt such a popular topic =)

Just to follow up, I made the switch yesterday. Stopped xanax the night
before and started klonopin the next morning. Absolutely no side effects for me and I felt better after my second dose already! Hope this helps someone else.