PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel positive emotions and feelings?

desperados
05-12-2016, 04:56 AM
It feels like all my positive emotions are locked down only negatives ones are active...i could only feel inner restlessness and unhappiness feeling inside me...i only get little satisfaction from playing video games...other than that i can't laugh i can't cry i can't feel love or passion.

I want to try neurofeed back treatment to fix my brain waves.

Kirk
05-12-2016, 06:18 AM
Negative emotions are easier to have than positive ones. I would try to branch out and do different
things with family and friends, be positive and see if that helps.

desperados
05-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Oh yes it's like negativity owns my brain...forcing myself to cycle for 3 hours a day helps a bit but it's goodness only lasts for a few hours.

I'm in a robotic state..i can't feel love,joy,passion,happiness and other good things.

Kirk
05-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Some days I feel like a robot myself and I lose track of time.

KeepYourCalm
05-14-2016, 04:04 AM
Hi desperados, thanks for sharing!

I know that feeling, I used to be bogged down in my negative emotions all the time in my high school years. I felt like I was literally unable to feel positive emotions. I often felt like I was watching a movie in third person. I was aware of what was going on around me and that most of the people were happy and I knew that I was supposed to be happy, too... but I was unable to immerse myself emotionally in the situation. It was like there was a glass wall between me and them and their emotional vibes just couldn't reach me.

Anyway, there was one thing that I started doing about 3 years ago that really helped me personally. Whenever I feel like I'm in that gray zone of restlessness and unhappiness as you describe it, I grab a jump rope and knock myself out. It's fast and it changes my physiology completely. It gets my heart rate up, it gives me this surge of feeling strong, agile and energetic and it only takes 30 seconds of skipping to feel these benefits.

It's my go-to technique for resetting my negative emotions. Oh and as a side-effect, I've lost 20 pounds :) Anyway, I hope this helps man. Give it a try and let the results speak for themselves.