PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Stress rash

sxanb
05-09-2016, 04:18 AM
1698 Im not sure if the picture I posted is going to show up or not but Ive been getting a rash all over my chest/shoulders and sometimes a little bit down my arm. I usually get them whenever I am stressed out or anxious but I got one tonight, along with shortness of breath. Nothing really instigated any anxiety or stress so I'm confused as to why I got a rash. (It lasted about an hour). I am on escitalopram for my major depressive disorder and to help my anxiety but my anxiety has only gotten worse since being on the medication. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else experiences rashes like this or if its something I should be concerned about? I was also wondering if anyone else experienced worse anxiety while on escitalopram? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you (-:

TreeStar
05-09-2016, 04:37 AM
Hey
You poor thing!
How long have you been taking this drug? It could be a side affect/reaction, you may want to talk to your doctor about it. They can give you something else (I was given citalopram-not sure if it's the same thing, and it didn't agree with me.)

Ataner
05-09-2016, 05:55 AM
I had rashes over my body when I have had very stressful time.It your immune system is going down.Even you have no anxiety you still could experience all the symptoms because anxiety is still there. Nervous system is very weak. Try to meditate for at least 4 weeks. Download some mindfulness meditation programs.(Search amazon for review). It helped me a lots. Tablets may help only for the period you are taking them. You need to change the way you think, your thought patter etc. Most useful i found : mindfulness, meditations and CBT.Good luck.

sxanb
05-09-2016, 11:50 PM
I have been on Escitalopram (Lexpro) for about four months but I have experienced these rashes prior to starting the medication. I am going to talk to my doctor about switching antidepressants and while I'm there I will definitely discuss this with her and show her the image.

sxanb
05-09-2016, 11:51 PM
Im glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this. Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try that out.