PDA

View Full Version : idk... anxiety?

MorningSadness00
10-05-2008, 04:34 PM
well for the last week or so i have been experiencing pain behind my eyes and in my eyes, and on the outside of my eyes, and weird pressure like headaches. i dont know if i clench my teeth or not but i dont know if it can cause this kind of headache.
Im freaked out, and then it feels like my vision is being shrunk day after day, but im not sure if thats due to dry eyes or something else.....my eyes hurt when i move them side to side or up and down......

ericgio87
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
it sort of sounds like a problem with the physical eyes. Maybe go see a doctor, or an eye doctor. Do you were glasses/contacts? If you do and don't wear them all the time, headaches can happen.

northstar
10-06-2008, 03:09 AM
hallo morningsadness :)

sorry to see you in pain! i don't think you need to worry too much though, to me it sounds like you're having sinus problems, it sounds like exactly the kind of pain in get when i have a sinus infection - pain behind the eyes, the eyes themselves feel like they hurt, pressure headaches around the eyes and the front of your head and sometimes pressure or pain in your ears and a horrible dull headache. in case you don't know the sinus' are the cavities behind your eyes and nose and i think they stretch all the way around your ears to behind your head. sometimes they can get infected and blocked up, usually if you've had a cold or flu but i have had problems without any sign of a cold! it's been a big problem for me in the past cause i sing and sometimes they get blocked up right before an audition!

if it is sinus then it's nothing to worry about, go to your doctor and they can give you more information. usually a course of antibiotics solves the problem but you can also do something called steaming where you put some drops of a strong smelling oil (i used jo ho oil) into a basin of boiling water and breathe in the vapours. there are also certain cough bottles that you can take that dry up mucus and can help to dry out a blocked up sinus, you need to check that though cause i don't know any names. you can ask your doctor or pharmacist about this too :) staying away from dairy products for a couple of days can also help, dairy produces extra mucus in the body and well if your sinus is already blocked up then you don't need any more mucus lol.

but like i said, go talk to your doctor they're the best one to help you figure this out. i just wanted to share what i thought it sounded like :) i hope you're feeling better soon! xx

northstar
10-06-2008, 03:10 AM
hallo morningsadness :)

sorry to see you in pain! i don't think you need to worry too much though, to me it sounds like you're having sinus problems, it sounds like exactly the kind of pain in get when i have a sinus infection - pain behind the eyes, the eyes themselves feel like they hurt, pressure headaches around the eyes and the front of your head and sometimes pressure or pain in your ears and a horrible dull headache. in case you don't know the sinus' are the cavities behind your eyes and nose and i think they stretch all the way around your ears to behind your head. sometimes they can get infected and blocked up, usually if you've had a cold or flu but i have had problems without any sign of a cold! it's been a big problem for me in the past cause i sing and sometimes they get blocked up right before an audition!

if it is sinus then it's nothing to worry about, go to your doctor and they can give you more information. usually a course of antibiotics solves the problem but you can also do something called steaming where you put some drops of a strong smelling oil (i used jo ho oil) into a basin of boiling water and breathe in the vapours. there are also certain cough bottles that you can take that dry up mucus and can help to dry out a blocked up sinus, you need to check that though cause i don't know any names. you can ask your doctor or pharmacist about this too :) staying away from dairy products for a couple of days can also help, dairy produces extra mucus in the body and well if your sinus is already blocked up then you don't need any more mucus lol.

but like i said, go talk to your doctor they're the best one to help you figure this out. i just wanted to share what i thought it sounded like :) i hope you're feeling better soon! xx