PDA

View Full Version : Hey All...Breathing Issues?

GilledGoblin
05-06-2016, 05:50 AM

Stormizee
05-08-2016, 03:57 PM
All part of the anxiety really. I'm still not used to it.

Blackwoodforest
05-08-2016, 06:01 PM
In the last few weeks, I developed breathing issues. They started to scare me because they'd come out of nowhere, not when I was exercising etc. So I went to the doctor and although I felt like i couldn't breathe, my oxygen intake was at 99%. So basically, nothing physically wrong. I came out with my first official anxiety diagnosis. It all makes so much sense! So yes, all part of the anxiety. I just try to control my breathing... and make sure I'm breathing as I tend to hold my breath!

ovian
05-09-2016, 02:57 AM
yes , I was told that I do this also by a doctor , I wasn't even aware of it until they told me and now I am I am wondering how much of my shaking and dizzy spells is brought on by this , where previously I was putting it down to potentially either low or high blood sugar .

Linda0818
05-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Well, let's put it this way... before I was diagnosed with GAD, I spent a whole day in the emergency room because I couldn't breathe. They tried oxygen, they tried steam inhalers, nothing worked. My bloodwork was normal, my oxygen level was normal and x-rays of my lungs showed nothing. Still, I couldn't breathe. Then a wonderful doctor came along after several hours of testing and said, with my permission, she wanted to try a drug on me called Ativan. At that point I was so miserable and exhausted, I couldn't have cared less if they put me to sleep for good. So I agreed. The Ativan was administered into the IV stuck in my hand and within minutes I was fine. I was having a massive anxiety attack, but didn't know it at the time.

Olives
05-09-2016, 11:09 AM
I get shortness of breath when I'm very anxious, so I start yawning. It's uncomfortable!