PDA

View Full Version : i need some help im so confused

brittypixi
10-02-2008, 10:04 AM
so, im getting depressed again, im having some more blood work done and looking for another therapist but i wanted to ask if anyone else has had a similar problem. my main issue is that once a thought crosses over my mind i obsess about it and cant stop thinking about it and seem to convince myself its true...
well the thought crossed my mind that i might not love or want to be with my boyfriend. well ive thought about this like crazy and ive decided that i KNOW i love him, we are GREAT together, i have nothing to doubt and i would miss him entirely too much if i broke up with him. so, i know i want to be with him but i still get these doubts. when i get the doubts though i feel like im not myself :/, like im not the same person, because i dont feel that way about him, i dont doubt him. so why is my mind? i know it sounds stupid but its really eating me up inside because i love him so much and i dont want to lose him because of my stupid anxious thoughts..

Robbed
10-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Strange, obsessive thoughts are a VERY common symptom of anxiety disorder. And they can bother an anxiety sufferer GREATLY. They can bother people SO greatly that stress and worry about them keep anxiety disorder alive. But, as with other aspects of anxiety disorder, ACCEPTANCE is key to recovery. You are having obsessive thoughts. So accept that this is the case, and do not shy away from such thoughts. The VERY common mistake of doing so only makes these thoughts stronger. So just allow them to be, and try your best not to react to these thoughts with fear (even if you might only be able to do so a little at first). Realize that they are just thoughts, and nothing more. They are not, in your case, representative of your feelings toward your significant other. So try not to worry about them, and allow them to come and go as they may. By doing this, the frequency of these thoughts, as well as the intensity of the fear, will decrease.

Carla
10-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Hi!
How are you? I agree with the last post - anxiety makes you question and stress over everything, even if its all ok! I sat up until 5am this morning because I cldnt sleep and my mind was going mad, with racing thoughts of, what if this and what if that and basically just questioning everything there is in my life - pyschologists call it Castrophosising (spelt wrong I know!) - and now, hours on, I am not so worried and I feel calmer. Anxiety makes you anxious about everything im my experience and then therefore you question and have doubts, small worries become huge worries a ,even tho part of you knows that everything is fine, but its like anxiety drives you to stress over it and by doing that it feeds the anxiety and keeps it going. . I do know cos I can stress over so many things for hours, blowing them out of proportion, and then a few hours later when I feel more relaxed I will think Oh theres nothing to stress over, everythings fine!!! Its so frustrating. Your boyfriend and you are fine - it sounds like you both love each other and are there for each other. Just remember that it is the anxiety that is making you have the doubtful thoughts, and try to relax over the thoughts and not let them panic you, cos that will make them easier to deal with. .

brittypixi
10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
thank you guys so so much for replying, it really turns my day around when someone leaves me such a nice message. i appreciate you guys taking the time :)

Carla
10-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Britty! Thank you. If I can be of help in any way to you or anyone else on this forum based on what I have gone through and going through, then at least something positive has come out of me having anxiety. I too have found a lot of support on this forum. and a lot of the people seem really friendly and supportive. I hope things improve for you and I am sure they will. Keep posting! I hope you have a better day :)

Jay12345
10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
i would say something, but 'robbed' has absolutely nailed it.. :) good work..