PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a muscle pull?...Worried :(

Peaches36
04-27-2016, 04:18 PM
I am driving myself crazy! For 2 months I've had a burning stinging pulling pain that is now radiating to my back in my lower right abdomen. Like one inch over from my belly button and one inch down. It felt hard in the beginning and tender to the touch. Now with ibuprofen that doesn't hurt but I feel like a deep stinging, burning pulling sensation radiating inside to my lower back. I've gone to my doctor 3 times, had all labs including inflammation points and white and red blood count. I've had a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound, which both didn't go near the spot but I made the tech go over it during the abdominal one, and all came back okay. This has been a crazy ordeal between dealing with rude doctors, rude assistants, not hearing back for days when I've called to having the office manager call me because I sent an email stating how unhappy I am with the office. Now I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor because she wants to set up an MRI which I am freaking out about. Everyone I talk to says it's probably a muscle pull or a hernia. They say if it was an intestinal or bowel issue I would have more issues. If I flex the muscle it hurts a little. I'm always so worried about colon cancer because my grandmother died from it. My doctor doesn't seem to think it is intestinal but she just isn't very reassuring because she looks so stumped and doesn't know what it is. The reason I thought it was a muscle pull was because a few days before I noticed this pain I had dragged my treadmill across my house and up a step. Then I did a brisk walk/run and the next day it was like a hard painful lump that has gone away. I always think the doctors are missing something or they did something wrong. It always turns out to be not what I think but I'm scared to have an MRI more scared to find out something is horribly wrong. Anyone have any thoughts? I wish I could calm my fears.

bbryan0004
04-28-2016, 10:01 AM
I am driving myself crazy! For 2 months I've had a burning stinging pulling pain that is now radiating to my back in my lower right abdomen. Like one inch over from my belly button and one inch down. It felt hard in the beginning and tender to the touch. Now with ibuprofen that doesn't hurt but I feel like a deep stinging, burning pulling sensation radiating inside to my lower back. I've gone to my doctor 3 times, had all labs including inflammation points and white and red blood count. I've had a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound, which both didn't go near the spot but I made the tech go over it during the abdominal one, and all came back okay. This has been a crazy ordeal between dealing with rude doctors, rude assistants, not hearing back for days when I've called to having the office manager call me because I sent an email stating how unhappy I am with the office. Now I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor because she wants to set up an MRI which I am freaking out about. Everyone I talk to says it's probably a muscle pull or a hernia. They say if it was an intestinal or bowel issue I would have more issues. If I flex the muscle it hurts a little. I'm always so worried about colon cancer because my grandmother died from it. My doctor doesn't seem to think it is intestinal but she just isn't very reassuring because she looks so stumped and doesn't know what it is. The reason I thought it was a muscle pull was because a few days before I noticed this pain I had dragged my treadmill across my house and up a step. Then I did a brisk walk/run and the next day it was like a hard painful lump that has gone away. I always think the doctors are missing something or they did something wrong. It always turns out to be not what I think but I'm scared to have an MRI more scared to find out something is horribly wrong. Anyone have any thoughts? I wish I could calm my fears.I am always scared of the Doctor. I go to a gynocology appointment soon and I am terrified.
I can't get out of my head him telling me I have cancer.
I think if your issue was cancer you would be getting more symptoms my now. Cancer is all ways the first think on my mind too.
But just think soon you will have the Mri just one more test to confirm that you are okay. So that soon you will get back to living your life and enjoying your family.