PDA

View Full Version : what is the point to life?

brittypixi
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
don't get me wrong, im not suicidal, and thats not something i would consider, but i keep thinking like.. what is the point to life? i feel like whats the point of living up to things and having goals and all of that when in the end we are all going to die? i know it sounds drastic but im just so miserable lately and all i can think is what does it matter if im happy or not? is life even really worth it?

anna_0range
10-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I've contimplated this subject alot.

And you know...In the end there might not be a spacific point but i do know that while im alive i would like to be happy. And travel this amazing beautiful land that we all live on.

Maybe do somthing that will be embarked in history so hundreds of years from now i myself can be insperational to someone.

And at the end of your life youll be recycled back into this beautiful land.

Just be happy, life might not have a point but why waste the time you have?

Carla
10-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Hello
I posted a similar post on here a short while ago. I can relate to how you feel. I dont feel depressed (I think) but I often wonder why we are here and I got a lot of good advice off others here on the forum. However I was saying about how I felt to someone I know and was saying how futile life seems at times, and whats the point and all the rest and and my friend said that I sounded really depressed. It made me sit up and think.I actually now think there is a big difference in contemplating life in general another in thinking that life does seem futile and that I cant see a point to it. I think that is part of depression and anxiety. When I now start to think oh life seems kind of futile and what is the point then I recognise that I am possibly depressed.

motif
10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
there is no point, life is a joke Gods have pulled on us...

Carla
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
God gives us life and then it is down to us to do what we choose to do with it and how we view it. I am not feeling that great today but I know it is me and how I feel - not life. I think about life differently according to how I feel - obviously when depressed and anxious it doenst feel great and when I am happy then its great. I am beginning to see that it isnt about the point of life, its about the point we make in life.

brittypixi
10-02-2008, 10:11 AM
yeah im sorry but to be honest i didnt really enjoy the joke.

motif
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
if you don't like it joke it back, or quit the game...

brittypixi
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
this isnt a game, people are here for help.

motif
10-02-2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.berro.com/_images_3/tweety%20funny%20prayer.jpg

Obelysk
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
what is the point to life?

When ever I hear this question I tell myself that people are asking the wrong question. Is not what is the point of life, but what can you do with your life.

Carla
10-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I agree. I didnt use to see it that way but I do now :) I think it is easy when depressed to see no point in most things including life. I dont really suffer with depression but with anxiety I find I can question everything there is to question sometimes