PDA

View Full Version : as it is....

lark265
04-24-2016, 09:52 PM
how it is right now, and just about every night (except Friday and Saturday, now that I think of it)......terror, wanting to pass away. As I lie down to sleep, all my anxiety attacks like pit bulls. what the hell? feel SO alone. I do fall asleep eventually and wake up OK....but this bedtime is tough....could it be my job? yes. is it made worse by my incredibly nonsupportive wife? of course. are these things changeable? yes, but not in the short term. it's bad. and I am trusting that some here have an idea what I'm talking about....thanks

Nowuccas
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Hey lark265,

Have you tried using Progressive Muscle Relaxation ( http://www.drcoxconsulting.com/managing-stress.html ) or acupressure tapping / EFT at such times?

Give the Meridian Tapping Technique / EFT a good tryout, to see if it helps you. It is free via mercola.com or www.tapping.com (13 free videos), or www.eftuniverse.com or www.emofree.com or one of the many YouTube videos. Google: "YouTube; EFT videos".
Professionally instructed is generally preferable (Google: therapists; EFT; [your location] or mercola.com has a locator). - There is a version for use in public places at http://eft.mercola.com (if you like, you can claim to have a headache, as you employ the acupressure massage / tapping on your temples, but you would then be restricted to subvocalising: saying it to yourself in your mind: "Even though I have anxiety, I deeply and completely accept myself)."

bbryan0004
04-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi Lark.
Anxiety is such a lonely disease. Even when people try to support me I don't feel like they get it. They love me I know that but can't support me like I need. How could anyone understand the constant fear of illness and dying? It's such a struggle for me to watch people live their day to day afraid of nothing because I want to be like that!

SanFranLarry
04-25-2016, 11:21 AM
You are so right. I think the only people who understand real anxiety are those who actually suffer from it. I love when people say 'just chill and you'll get over it." If only it was that easy!

bbryan0004
04-25-2016, 07:13 PM
You are so right. I think the only people who understand real anxiety are those who actually suffer from it. I love when people say 'just chill and you'll get over it." If only it was that easy!

My favorite is "snap out of it" I am like oh is that all I have to do? I am lucky to have a support system who loves me and helps me along the way. Still though I am not sure they get it as hard as they try.