PDA

View Full Version : It is important to understand why panic attacks happen.

mindglobe
04-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Hi to everyone!

I am here to share with you some of the reasons, maybe the only one, why a panic attack happens.
We do not know what are the causes of anxiety attacks and panic disorders. They might impact on people following several factors:

Genetics
Stress
Some operational change of certain parts of the brain

I have to tell you that is not even scientifically proven, but the reason of panic attack is very likely to be related with risky situations that may occur to us.

Some research suggests that the natural response of the body when there is a risky situation plays an important role in showing panic attacks. For example, if a grizzly bear is running after you, your body would react instinctively. The heart rate and breathing may speed up preparing the body to a dangerous situation for living. Many of the same reactions occur in a panic attack. Panic attacks certainly occur when there are misunderstanding of some responses of our body, but we still do not know why this happen.

The vicious cycle, which transforms into a panic attack, develops when something perceived as dangerous creates a feeling of apprehension or nervousness. If the feelings that accompany this state of apprehension are misinterpreted, the individual experiences a further increase of apprehension, followed by high physical sensations, until you experience a panic attack.

Among the symptoms of panic attacks, we are going to find several symptoms. They may include:

Rapid heartbeat
Sweating
Tremor
Shortness of breath
Hyperventilation
Hot flashes
Nausea
Abdominal cramps
Chest pain
Headache
Dizziness
Weakness
Throat tightening
Difficulty swallowing
A sense of impending doom

As I said, those symptoms are going to be read differently when panic attacks occur in people. Indeed, misunderstanding these symptoms will lead the panic attacks to happen.

The common “misunderstandings” include:

Heart palpitations = I’m having a heart attack!

Dizziness = I have a brain tumor!

Breathlessness = I’m going to choke!

Blurred vision = I’m going blind!

I hope this could help you to clarify some of your situations.

If you want share the "misunderstandings" that happent to you.

Have a good day :)