PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any tips to not get nervous in large crowds?

JamesM95
04-15-2016, 02:51 PM
I am going to a local charity boxing event tomorrow night and there is estimated to be around 600 people attending, normally I would drink alcohol at these types of events and obviously that helps with confidence and crowds but I wont be drinking tomorrow night as I am the designated driver. I don't really like being around a lot of people in those types of social situations, I guess its for fear of standing out or something and it just typically makes me feel awkward. I know that its 100% a mental thing and I used to be a lot worse in even situations with less people and im talking small groups of about 5 or 6 people but I managed to overcome that almost completely by kinda tricking my mind like I would tell my self things like ''its a small world in a really big universe and your worried about 6 people'' and at one point I told myself I was not going to get nervous or feel awkward because I am the ''most confident man in the world'' which is far from the truth but it seemed to work in those smaller types of situations.

Now tomorrow night is a whole other ball game its really the first time I will have done something like this in a long time and I dont know what to expect, I'm not really looking forward to it now because of this even though I want to go and have a good time but other people seem to be able to do stuff like that just fine and here I find myself worried about something that is probably really stupid. does anyone have any good tips for dealing with this sort of thing? it would be much appreciated.

thanks, James.