PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new here.

StevenH
09-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Steven and I suffer from anxiety and stress. I feel like everything in my life is going to come crashing down around me if I don't constantly hold it up. I've learned to control it somewhat, but it's still hard so I did some googling and found this place. So yeah that's about it.

Carla
09-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello Steven!
Welcome to the forum. I have only joined in past couple of weeks and I have found it to be of real benefit. A lot of people on here will be able to relate to how you feel. You will find a lot of help and support here.Anxiety and stress can cause you to feel so overwhelmed and sometimes it seems so difficult to be able to cope and it can feel scary. I have days when I feel like I am fully better and then other days when I feel like I am slipping back again. I just take one day at a time and dont ask too much of myself anymore. You are doing well in controlling it and it doesnt matter if sometimes you find yourself less able to than at other times.I am reading Claire Weekes book Self Help for your Nerves and it is really helping me as well as this forum.How long have you suffered with anxiety for? Are you taking any medication for it? or had any counselling?

Jay12345
09-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey there steven.. let us know exacty how you feel.. this is what the forum is here for! I hope your feeling better already! :)

Carla
09-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Jay, :)
How did you recover from your anxiety which you suffered from for 4 years, if you dont mind me asking? I am just interested. It does give me hope knowing that if you could get over it after suffering for 4 years then so can I.
Hope you dont mind me asking. :unsure:

brittypixi
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
hello steven! im new here too :) and i welcome you lol, let us know whats up!

StevenH
09-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been dealing with it for just over a year now. Only counsel I've had is with my doctor. He suggested some prescriptions, but I didn't want to mess with side effects. What I take is an all natural stress and anxiety reliever called Relevax. It's made from herbs so it doesn't screw around with my system. I've been on it for about 3 months and it's been working great! Thanks again for the welcome. :D