PDA

View Full Version : Road to recovery

mr.navarro1
04-12-2016, 08:53 PM
I accomplished a goal to get back into the gym. Anxiety has taken control of my habits and it took a major part of my life away. This being physical activities. I went into the gym yesterday and I am very proud of this. I didn't do much. I'm still not anywhere near being comfortable with pushing myself like I used to. But I'm happy I've at least taken a small but significant step to taking my life back.

I suggest you all to try to get yourself back into something you enjoyed that anxiety has taken from you.

Dahila
04-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Good for you, step by step. It really helps to enjoy something. :)

Ponder
04-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Congratz on the Gym. :) I've been going for the last few months and it's really helping me a lot. I still struggle at times with the social side of things and it was really hard at first - _ I know how it can be. That's awesome stuff! Little bit by little bit. Once you I get reacquainted with the equipment I find that helps me to keep focused.

Wishing you all the best Mr Navarro1

Two One
04-13-2016, 10:27 AM
It may not seem like much right now, but trust me, making the decision to start exercising is a huge step in the right direction. The day I decided to start running was the day I truly started fighting back against my anxiety. Ease into it. You will get there. Good luck.

Exactice
04-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Congrats!!!! Any time you challenge yourself and you take even a little step forward is a huge accomplishment! Keep it up!

salvator here
04-13-2016, 03:37 PM
This was helpful to read today!

Best of luck going forward in your road to recovery :)

Olives
04-13-2016, 06:19 PM
That's great! Keeping yourself in shape will also rise your confidence as well!