PDA

View Full Version : Hi

PsyhoPrincess
01-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Hi everybody
I've been fighting anxiety for 2 years ....it goes away for a couple months sometimes ...and then comes back again :roll:
Now I've got to the point when i have attacks every day, sometimes every other hour , mostly at night
Cant sleep at night at all ......As soon as i fall asleep , I wake up shaking bad and my heart starts racing
Sometimes i would have another kind of panic attack , when i cant breathe , my heart starts racing really bad( I cant even feel the pulse and it feels like it stoped ), feel like im going to faint , shaking, scared that Im going to die:shock:
Even when Im not having a panic attack i feel bad .....weakness, mood swings,headaches and back pains , sometimes dizziness
Last 4-5 months i spent trying to figure out whats wrong with me .....
I end up in emergency room every 2-3 weeks , and all the blood tests come back perfect :?
Ive been prescribed lots of medications, that i stoped taking , because medications :
1.Dont solve the problem , just make you not care
2.Make me feel funny
So Im trying to fight it myself , relaxing, taking herbs and supplements

Ken1968
01-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Hi everybody
I've been fighting anxiety for 2 years ....it goes away for a couple months sometimes ...and then comes back again :roll:
Now I've got to the point when i have attacks every day, sometimes every other hour , mostly at night
Cant sleep at night at all ......As soon as i fall asleep , I wake up shaking bad and my heart starts racing
Sometimes i would have another kind of panic attack , when i cant breathe , my heart starts racing really bad( I cant even feel the pulse and it feels like it stoped ), feel like im going to faint , shaking, scared that Im going to die:shock:
Even when Im not having a panic attack i feel bad .....weakness, mood swings,headaches and back pains , sometimes dizziness
Last 4-5 months i spent trying to figure out whats wrong with me .....
I end up in emergency room every 2-3 weeks , and all the blood tests come back perfect :?
Ive been prescribed lots of medications, that i stoped taking , because medications :
1.Dont solve the problem , just make you not care
2.Make me feel funny
So Im trying to fight it myself , relaxing, taking herbs and supplements

After years of dealing with these kinds of symptoms myself, I beg for a medication that will make me not care, because I don't know how to control it myself.

shoe
01-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Psyho, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a really bad anxiety disorder =( That must be so tough to go through. Have you talked to a doctor about any possible alternative physical problems you may have? There is something called 'Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome' which can cause panic attacks (or something similar). I'm not sure of other conditions that could cause it, but its best to check everything out. Also, if you don't have a psychologist, you should probably look for one that can help you explore things that are going on inside your head that might be bringing all this about.

By the way, not all medications are as bad as the ones you may have taken, some are very helpful. Depends on how you react to them though.

shoe

p.s. Mitral Valve Prolapse links will be in the Resources section under 'Related conditions'

PsyhoPrincess
01-05-2006, 02:29 PM
shoe The problem is ,im in a process of changing imigration status, so i dont have insurance right now ...and my husband is self employed so he doesnt have insurance either....
I dont have a primary care physician,all i can do is go to the emergency room.....
Ive got a referal to go see a cardiologist tomorrow,they think my heart is part of a problem......we'll see :(