PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure about this and if it's SAD.

ericgio87
09-29-2008, 12:44 AM
For some background, I was told I had anxiety problems from smoking pot extensively for 3 years. I've since stopped for half a year now. Here's what still happens:

I think everyone makes fun of me. When I'm not around. I read somebodys wall post on facebook, and I'll be like, they're making fun of me! In reality I'm sure they're not even talking about me. But i pick up on words and think...they're talking about me.

but i don't think im anything that they say. (ie: a sentence read "i felt sorry for him jerking off in his room and noobing at halo (XBOX LIVE)" - that was an inside joke on a DIFFERENT kid. My mind thinks, they were really talking about ME the whole time. When they said it was about so and so it was just a cover to really target me.

I hate it. Normally when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning it won't bother me anymore. Until then I occasionally have to get approval from people that they're not talking about me to be satisfied.

Does this sound like that at all?
it makes me nervous around ALL people, because i think that my friends think all these things about me, poor things.

Carla
09-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Hello!
How are you? I think a lot of your anxiety is probably caused by having smoked pot. It can make you anxious and paranoid. I have never taken drugs but I know of people in the past who have and they smoked a lot of pot and their mental health state was not good due to it - anxiety, paranoia and depression, not to mention mood swings! Have you spoken to a doctor about how you feel? Are you taking any prescribed medication? If not then would you consider seeing a doctor and telling him/her how you feel. Maybe they could arrange counselling for you. You dont want your symptoms to get worse and maybe they wont but they could, so i would get help sooner rather than later.People are not talking about you. I know it is so easy to believe that they are. Anxiety can make you feel that way. I suffer with anxiety and I used to think when I was out and about that people were talking about me and I would hear snippets of conversation and I immediately thought they related to me. I can now look back and think logically and change my thinking to 'they could have been talking about anyone' - however at that time I was convinced it was about me. It was anxiety making me paranoid and playing tricks with my mind. Things will get better and they wont always be this way. Please visit your doctor though.

danstelter
12-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Sounds to me more like paranoia. Do you feel anxious symptoms such as tingling in your back and neck, sweaty palms, a swirling head, an inability to concentrate, particularly in social situations? You don't describe this, so I am lead to beliave that this is not social anxiety. Correct me if you do feel any of these symptoms.