PDA

View Full Version : ibs and anxiety

mr.navarro1
03-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm referring to irritable bowel syndrome and having anxiety. When I get anxious I notice I'll have an upset stomach. And I will need to use the bathroom. Sometimes I've noticed that I'll get ibs first then get anxious if I over eat or eat something diaretic. Has anyone tried to work on digestive issues to combat anxious feelings. I'm thinking of trying probiotics.

FudoMyoo
03-31-2016, 04:13 AM
There is a strong correlation between the gut and mental health, at least from my personal experience, and I experience the same symptoms you do. The stomach has been called the "second brain" and for good reason. Studies have shown it does have an influence on our behavior as its neurons communicate with our brain's neurons but it can also work independently. I would research it's control over anxiety to get a better understanding because I would definitely fall short in explaining myself. I take probiotics daily and while I haven't kept a log or journal to see how anxiety is effected it at least is one less thing I have to worry about when my stomach is cooperating. Also try blending vegetables in a bullet and drinking one of those a day, I've found the high fiber really helps to stabilize my digestion

Brian1992
03-31-2016, 12:32 PM
Organic ( With the mother ) Apple cider vinegar has helped me so much. I suffer from all the problems you mentioned. After taking apple cider vinegar my digestion is almost perfect.. Heart burn/diarrhea / indigestion / heavy chest after eating all goes away. I usually use 2-3 Tsp in a smoothie with protein powder first thing in the morning. Ive heard anxiety causes blood to be moved to priority organs so it moves blood away from the digestive system so thats how indigestion could happen.

Also do a simple youtube search on gut health and anxiety. You will learn a lot.