PDA

View Full Version : physical symptoms.. but not anxious?

Avia Juliet
03-19-2016, 01:53 PM
So, the past month has been pretty difficult for me. Several months ago I found out that I have a gluten intolerance, and I'm pretty sure I have some other food intolerances as well.. But when I accidentally eat gluten it makes me anxious.. and this is what happened a month ago. This time was a LOT worse than usual though, my anxiety was so bad that I could barely eat for almost 2 weeks. After that 2 weeks I finally started to feel better and was just trying to recover. I was feeling SO much better, not really anxious at all.. I finally felt like myself again. Unfortunately it only lasted about a week.. I've been avoiding red dye #40 for a few months now, as I thought it made me sick. I wasn't entirely sure but, better safe than sorry I guess. Well, I thought maybe I was just overreacting and I would be able to eat red dye again, but I'm pretty sure that's what's been causing my anxiety for the past few days. On Tuesday I ate two different things that had red dye in them (actually i ate one of those things on monday night), and I ended up having a really bad anxiety attack that night. On wednesday I was still pretty anxious about the whole thing, but I tried to ignore it. But on wednesday night I ended up eating something with red dye in it again, and had an anxiety attack on thursday night. I really don't think it's a coincidence.. Anyway, yesterday (friday) I was feeling.. okay. Not super anxious, just a bit 'off'. And now today I'm not feeling great either. I don't really feel anxious though.. I'm just having physical symptoms of anxiety. Like shortness of breath, tired, upset stomach.. my usual anxiety symptoms, but I'm not actually anxious. And I'm trying really hard to not be anxious about it. The upset stomach is the worst because I automatically start thinking that I'm sick or something, but I know I'm not. I'm also trying not to think about my anxiety last month.. that was the worst my anxiety has ever been in my life. It was awful and I'm so scared that this is going to turn into that. Although the way I'm feeling right now is how I felt last time when I was getting better. So I guess that's a good sign? I don't know..

Anyway, I'm sorry if this is long and doesn't make sense. I just want this to stop.. I want to be myself again. I feel like this is 10x worse too, because of how great I had been feeling for at least a week. But has anyone experienced this before? Physical symptoms even when you're not anxious? What can I do to make it stop? :(

jessed03
03-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Hi Avia,

Where are you from? I've never heard that name before. I like it though!

If you're suffering from food sensitivities, you may need to switch up your diet somewhat so you can heal your gut. Considering most of our serotonin is made in the stomach, if it's not healthy, we're in pretty big trouble.

Have you ever heard of the SCD or GAPS diet?