PDA

View Full Version : Well here is my story

Ken1968
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm 37 years old and live with my disabled mother who has been suffering with depression for most her life. I never understood it until I got it. She worked 27 years at a nursing home and feared getting fired daily. She almost died in 2002 and I took over supporting her and myself until she got her disabilty later on. She worries about everything and projects the worries unto me. I started having anxiety attacks around the time she became ill. I have never married and have no children. In July I was fired from a job I had done for four years in the cleaning business. This new company had taken over the contract in Oct 2004 and grandfathered all of us in only to blame us for losing the other contract when we were the only ones holding everything together. The company fired their first two managers and made a new guy with zero management experience a boss. He tried to force people to quit as he did myself and if we didn't we were fired and unemployment was denied and they always seemed to keep us from getting it in appeals.

In Aug 2005 I was in car wreck when woman ran red light and hit me in side totaling my car and breaking my neck. I am still seeing a chiropractor after being released by neurologist. My mom is now supporting me on a meager disability check and I was getting $108 in foodstamps. During this time I have daily anxiety attacks, severe depression as does my mom who drives me more crazy imagining things. Although I was told I was able to work without restrictions I feel that I'm always going to have neck pain. I took a job last week with the cleaning company I previously worked for at a different job site. After suffering daily anxiety attacks and severe neck pain, I quit the job today. I am not on any medication, but my mom is and Lexapro doesn't seem to help her. I was on Paxil CR for a year and did ok. I cannot afford to go to clinic to see Dr and even if they prescribed something if it was too high I'd be unable to pay for it so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

BenAlbany
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Ken,
I'm sorry to hear you are having so many troubles. Did any of the doctors you saw prescribe any medication for the neck pain? What does the chiropractor say? If it's interfering with your job, you need some kind of medication. The same goes for the panic attacks. If they are interfering with your job, you will need to take an anti-anxiety medication until they go away. Do you have any medical insurance and what happened after the accident? It sounds like it was the other driver's fault, so you shouldn't have to pay the medical bills. If you get the right treatment, you will probably be able to work again. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I wish you luck in recovering from your health problems.
Ben

Ken1968
01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Hi Ken,
I'm sorry to hear you are having so many troubles. Did any of the doctors you saw prescribe any medication for the neck pain? What does the chiropractor say? If it's interfering with your job, you need some kind of medication. The same goes for the panic attacks. If they are interfering with your job, you will need to take an anti-anxiety medication until they go away. Do you have any medical insurance and what happened after the accident? It sounds like it was the other driver's fault, so you shouldn't have to pay the medical bills. If you get the right treatment, you will probably be able to work again. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I wish you luck in recovering from your health problems.
Ben

Got prescribed Lortab and muscle relaxers. Out of Lortab currently.
Chiropractor taking more xrays tomorrow. My c5 was cracked and my c6 was out of alignment. No Dr has prescribed anti-anxiety, just anti-depression Paxil CR which I cannot afford. My lawyer said he cannot file a suit until I am 100% healed which he thought I was and told me today the neurosurgeon apparantly thought so too. He did say it may have something to do with muscles and ligaments being damaged. I was only given one ct scan the night of accident. No one has given me an mri or anything. Medical bills are being covered under pip coverage. I do not have regular insurance.

BenAlbany
01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
You have no coverage for prescription drugs? What type of medicine is Lortab? If it's not working you should get a different type. And Paxil isn't great for panic attacks. You should probably get a prescription for Valium or another benzodiazepine, at least so that you can have something to take as needed to control the panic. Did they do any surgery on your neck, and are they planning on doing more?

Ken1968
01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
You have no coverage for prescription drugs? What type of medicine is Lortab? If it's not working you should get a different type. And Paxil isn't great for panic attacks. You should probably get a prescription for Valium or another benzodiazepine, at least so that you can have something to take as needed to control the panic. Did they do any surgery on your neck, and are they planning on doing more?

The neuroologist apparantly did not think I needed Lortab anymore and refused to write prescription for it. If he had my pip coverage would cover it. Lortab is for pain. It doesn't seem to help much with anxiety. They did no surgery. He told me I was healed, but my chiropractor says the muscles and tissue are still a mess. He took more xrays today so maybe I'll know something more.