PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety. Anyone else???

Peaches36
03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
So I have really bad Health Anxiety. I'm sure there is a correct term for it but that's what I like to call it. If I get a headache or anything I instantly think cancer or death. I don't know how to not think like that. Recently, I felt a small hard spot in my lower right abdomen and it felt tender to the touch. This was 16 days ago. That night my whole body tingled and I felt sick to my stomach wanting to pass out because my instant thought was...a tumor. I went on google and have constantly pushed on the area since. It has come and gone and come back again. I couldn't sleep and I felt like it started to control my everyday. Like I wasn't myself and it was tapping me on my shoulder to look on Google. Google is the worst thing ever for that and I know that. Everytime I've had something and thought the worst it was never anything bad. So I went to the doctor today and she has no idea what it is. They took labs for liver, gallbladder, red and white blood cells plus a urinalysis. I'll find everything out tomorrow...on my birthday! Hopefully all is okay. I also have an abdominal utrasound and an internal one on Tuesday. So after that I thought I would feel better. I don't. Now I'm like is it ovarian cancer? I wish I could not think like this. I have 2 small kids and am a stay at home mom. My husband works 2 jobs. I have no siblings or parents to break up my day. No one calls or comes by and I get so lonely that my mind wanders. I'm so afraid if something happened to me what would happen to my kids? I also have been seeing a social worker for 4 years and it has helped a lot. I was put on Zoloft December 2012-May 2014 for depression and anxiety. I gained 35lbs and felt as if I had no emotion whatsoever or sex drive. I hated feeling like that and do not want to go back on it. I did like that I stopped thinking the worst though. I thought about trying a homeopathic medicine called Saldia but I don't even know if that would work. I hate feeling like this. My mom lives far away and when I try to talk to her about it she is so disconnected from our conversation that I just give up. My husband is amazing but he's never home because he works so much. Is there anyone out there that feels the way I do? I feel like I'm the only one and my mind is driving me crazy. I wish I could just shut it off! I used to be such a fun happy person. Now I feel sad, scared, anxious, nervous and I hate that it just one day slapped me in the face and I can't fix it. :(

HighAnxiety
03-17-2016, 12:40 AM
Hypochondriac would be what you are describing. I use to suffer from that about a year or so ago. I to thought i had some kind of cancer, or a bad heart, i would obsess on any aches or pains my body would have. Its no fun. One of the best things i ever did for my anxiety was start working out. You dont have to join a gym you can do it from your home. The more in shape i got the better i felt and the more the anxiety has went away.

mindglobe
03-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Do not google those kind of things. Instead, try to pursue a healthy lifestyle and find distractions when such hypochondriac thoughts come to mind. You can go out for a walk or do physical activity at home, or play guitar or whatever you like. If you used to be a fun hapy person you have to be a fun happy person today too!
Let me know how they will be the analysis and have a good birthday! :)

Peaches36
03-20-2016, 07:10 PM
I've been told that would help too. I try to exercise but I never seem to have time and by the time I do I'm exhausted

Peaches36
03-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes :) All my labs came back fine and I have the ultrasound on Tuesday. I'm so worried it's going to be something bad but the doctor said if something was horribly wrong my labs would've been all off. So we shall see! I just wish I could take what they say and be okay. I always think they missed something