PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone! Anxiety or depression or nervous breakdown?

Pinky Koch
03-14-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi, I'm Pinky.. Just want to share something.

My loved one for 6years and I had a fight. And it resulted to a break up. At that moment I felt that I had burning sensations all over my body, I feel that I can breathe sometimes. Also I can't sleep because every time I lay down in bed I have this excess energy (this continued for more than 2 days). I was so hyper that I just walk around our house to release all those energy. I also cry a lot and I was so afraid of being alone in my room and I don't know why. Is it nervous breakdown? or anxiety attack? or Depression?

It just went away because me and my lover got back together after 5 days.

Now, I'm afraid that what if it'll happen again and I can't control my feelings. Can it be insanity or what? Can I avoid it? coz it's really hard. Please share your thoughts.

vaheusta
03-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Hi Pinky! Thank you for sharing, I'm brand new here but think that I can have some input here that may help you!

It's a generally accepted fact that people fear being alone... after all we are a very social species. Now when you say that you are "afraid" of being alone in your room, what you are really feeling is JUST that sense of fear correct? If your answer is yes, and you can't seem to find a logical reason to be afraid (for instance, if you were afraid of a monster under your bed, or a burglar climbing through your window), then this is your body's central nervous system producing a sense of fear. It's this phenomenon "fight or flight" that our body and brain sense almost as a survival instinct (even when there is no DIRECT fear).

During the period of your break up, were you experiencing sudden mood changes? For instance, were you in a positive mood at one moment then immediately sad the next minute? If so, this paired with your hyperactivity might point to signs of Bipolar Disorder, however that is a FAR stretch for me to say.

An anxiety attack is different for everybody; the feeling you get during one is almost indescribable... and so when you are experiencing one for the first time, you may not realize what it actually is. The feeling of not being able to breathe is a direct symptom of an anxiety / panic attack as is a burning or tingling sensation.

Anxiety attacks are thought to be caused by something called neurotransmitters in the brain; these are, in a nutshell, things that allow us to have a "good" or "positive" feeling or mood. Serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain, at low levels may onset anxiety disorders or attacks. Stress may cause low levels of Serotonin.

Your symptoms point to an anxiety attack, which many people experience between all ages. I myself am currently suffering from anxiety attacks.

If you experience such a feeling again, please take it seriously, because anxiety disorders are VERY real, and are also VERY treatable. If you experience this again, see your doctor / physician to discuss a diagnosis and if need be a treatment plan. Something which you experienced usually does cause a lot of "anxious" feeling in a person.

FYI, I felt my first anxiety attack when my ex and I broke up over bad terms, so you are NOT alone in this particular scenario.

I hope only the best to you, feel free to message me personally if you have more private questions that you want to raise.

The best of luck to you!

- Vahe

Pinky Koch
03-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Hi Vahe! Thanks for the reply!

Pinky Koch
03-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Hi Vahe! Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. Regarding the fear.. I was afraid to enter my room because I remember some memories when i'm inside and alone. My prob is I don't really a friend to talk to since my lover was my best friend before we leveled up our relationship.

I don't also tell my family coz they don't know that we have a relationship that's why I don't really have someone to talk to.

I also resorted to chat to other people online just to divert my attention but I was having a hard time looking for one.

I can't send you a pm since I just joined the forums. I need to post more to avail this feature. :)