PDA

View Full Version : Rabies Scare- Help!

Mara Vallejo
02-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I got bitten by a stray kitten 7 days ago. I tried to help it after it was injured in an attack by a dog. I got my shots and my anxiety about getting rabies is getting worse every day. I experience tingling/itching in the wound site, tingling anywhere in my body. each day, a new symptom crops up, for example today I have developed a mild sore throat. each new symptom and I go ballistic. Is there any end to this? I mean, I DON'T want to die, but will this get better? I am very scared.

Dahila
04-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Obviously no rabies , you would be dead by this time

chrismex89
04-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Its very unlikely have rabies today for a cat or a dog, the most common vector is a bat or a fox, i know its not easy but i recommned dont search the symptons in internet, try to keep your mind busy in other things and if you are a person with anxiety search fot a appointment with a pychiatrist, greetings from Mexico.

bbryan0004
04-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Hi
I had a cat who attacked me some years ago.
I became terrified thinking I had to have it. I obsessed. I went as far as calling vets office to ask for symptoms. Needless to say I didn't have rabies. All I lost was weeks from my life worrying.
I am not going to tell you not worry because I know that's impossible for you now. Here are reasons I don't believe you have rabies.
Rabies aren't common is domestic animals in the Developed world. Most cases are raccoons, bats etc..
Secondly, this was a kitten, if an anima carrying rabies bit a kitten the kitten probably wouldn't have survived the bite.