PDA

View Full Version : Constant fears and assuming the worst

Austin1789
02-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've had bad anxiety for years now and along with that I have OCD. Everytime I get sick I start worrying what it could be. I am scared I might have a brain tumor. I have ringing in one of my ears and I keep having depersonalization. It's like I can't stop thinking about it and it's driving me insane. I'm getting a hearing test done to see if the ringing in one of my ears is serious or not this week. It seems like it just keeps getting worse. If it's not worrying about having a tumor it's something else. I can't take it anymore and I don't want to use meds

Happy578
02-28-2016, 05:30 PM
Its more likely that you have a little of of hearing loss- that's what ear ringing means, and we all lose hearing as we age just like vision. Ear ringing is very common, and natural hearing loss happens- those are just facts! If you focus on it, it may seem like it's getting louder. Learning to distract is key- It might help to keep a low level of sound near you (like music or the hum of a computer) to retrain your ears to look for outside sounds instead of inside sounds.

Another thing that helps me with obsessive health catastrophic thinking is saying "That's my OCD" when a non-factual thought crossing your mind. You don't have a diagnosis or a treatment plan for a health issue, so unless you have that, the health problem does not exist. What DOES exist is your OCD and labeling it as the actual problem and moving on from there might help. Trust me, I have become so sensitive to several different body cues that I have wasted SO much energy on worrying about what might be wrong. It is so much better to say, we'll I'll get that looked at soon enough and I CAN handle it. You don't have to use meds, but I have found them helpful. You'll be all right.

Austin1789
02-28-2016, 08:36 PM
I really appreciate the advice, I like you idea of saying it's just OCD that really just might work for me. The ringing in my ear I sent too bad I wish it was gone but I have tried ignoring it and that seems to help. The meds I've tried don't seem to help I've tried many for both OCD and ADD such as focalin, lexapro, celexia, and a few more but they do not help so I've been trying to find some more natural alternatives. Just talking about it seems to help and thank you for he post

Pinky Koch
03-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Hi! I feel the same austin..