PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms??????

Bee
02-28-2016, 11:58 AM
Hello, I have had issues with anxiety for almost my entire life, but for the past few years my anxiety had improved so I just assumed I was learning "to deal" and "getting better." However, for over a week now I have NOT been feeling myself AT ALL. My symptoms are: dizziness, a burning tingling numbing sensation in my arms and hands and legs, muscle aches especially in my neck and arms, headaches, fatigue, mood swings, and just plain feeling depressed. I have been very overwhelmed and stressed lately because I am a single mom, going through a divorce, financial problems, etc. So I wasn't sure if it all has triggered my anxiety or what. I know if I really want to find out what's going on I should see a doctor, and I am in no way asking for any of you to diagnose me, I am just looking for some opinions. Thanks!

Spartacus1983
03-01-2016, 07:14 PM
How are your symptoms doing today? Still struggling?

Mara Vallejo
03-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I think you should get checked up. I have been experiencing these symptoms (especially the pins and needles tingling), but I do not know if it's anxiety or symptoms of rabies. I got bitten by a cat recently and I have been freaking out. You should go to your doctor, these are symptoms of a lot of things. I'm sorry about all this happening all together. I hope you feel better now.

Alexandra Constantin
03-02-2016, 02:40 AM
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are going through all of this. While no symptom should be taken lightly, hypochondria is one of the signature symptom of anxiety. I do not mean to offend you, but I have gone through serious health checks and after a doctor cleared me for any brain/neurological disease, i immediately started having chest pains, feeling that my heart is about to stop, feeling pins in my arms, and fingers. After that, I felt as if I am gradually losing my sight, and so on and so forth. No medical problems after all, but still my mind made me feel all these physical and very real symptoms. After I realized it was all due to anxiety (with professional help, no medication) my symptoms have vanished. Take that into consideration please, but to put your mind at ease, go see a doctor, do not be embarrassed, that is why they are there for. Hope you will feel better soon, and all of these problems will go away eventually. I promise :)

Bee
03-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Thank you for the feedback everyone! I am definitely going to see a doctor next week when I have a day off from work. I still am experiencing the symptoms, but they have lessened a little bit. I noticed they aren't as strong when I'm at work because I'm too preoccupied with everything that is going on (I'm a dental assistant), so that is why I am thinking it really is anxiety. However, I will definitely bring it up to my doctor regardless.