PDA

View Full Version : Here's my story... What's yours?

Sophia Marx
02-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm Sophia. Dancer, college student, blogger, artist, science nerd, etc on a journey of (healing? recovery? coping? living?) with panic/anxiety/agoraphobia. I'm here to share my story, to find common ground, and to give and receive support, but I would also love your story, if you'd like to share! There's a section of my website devoted to words and art from those who suffer from anxiety, and I think that sharing a wide range of experiences-- whether it's a sentence, a short story, a paragraph, a poem, or a painting-- is crucial to helping end the stigma against anxiety disorders once and for all. Nobody should have to have to feel alone in this, though I'm sure each of us has at one time or another.
I'm so excited to meet you all!
xx
Sophia

jessed03
02-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Hi Sophia.

You know, that's always been one of my favourite names. :)

How long have you been dealing with this anxiety thing?

Sophia Marx
02-27-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi!
My panic attacks started the summer before high school, but they were gone again by around the end of sophomore year. Then they started up again when I was living on my own after high school, around four years later, and it's been on-and-off ever since, though I like to think I'm making progress! I think it's been about 3.5 years since it started up again.