PDA

View Full Version : This Is Me

usmc luv
02-25-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi I am Jamie. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder last year when I ended up in the hospital. My PTSD had caused me to not be able to sleep. If I fell asleep I was filled with flashbacks of emotion and depression. I was so scared. I knew something was seriously wrong. Then when I went to a normal doctors appointment I had felt like I had a stroke. I couldn't move one of my arms or one of my legs. I also was having trouble talking. I had no idea what was going on to me. My doctor sent me to the nearest hospital to have neurological tests done with me, but everything was fine. They had a psychologist come see me and he told me that I was having a major panic attack and that I had experienced temporary paralysis. I was able to tell him so much that I was experiencing and he said there was no doubt that I have PTSD. All my life seeing doctors they belittled what I was going through making anxiety seem like such a small thing when it was the cause of me being bullied all throughout school and always feeling like someone else was in control of me and my mind. I had always known I had some kind of anxiety and depression, but I was never given a true diagnosis. When I was told I had PTSD I was floored. I finally felt like I was understood. Everything changed in that moment for me. Ever since I have been trying to figure out how to deal with all of this. Since I have been working on everything more flashbacks have come and I feel just like I did before I went into the hospital. Right now I am working getting into a treatment facility that I think will really help me, but until then I really just need helping trying to cope until I can actually go. I am hoping I can find some help here. If anyone can share their experiences with me, give me advice, or inform me on any new things I can do. I love making friends so I figured I could make a few friends here.

dreamdays
02-26-2016, 07:48 PM
i really hope u can find a good helpful treatment facility. so sorry for all the doctors who wouldnt listen. i hope you can find the help you need. hugs to you.