PDA

View Full Version : Job Seekers UK

Redstone
02-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Hi everyone.
Just hoping to gain a better insight and feeling on joining job seekers, feeling so apprehensive about it and down.
I currently work four hours per week I did work 16 but left my second job due to unhappiness and pain. Four hours per week is not enough to live on, I'm looking at jobs online but there's nothing suitable. I look at retail but I know it's not for me as I did work in retail and I'm also nervous of the kind of interviews they do. My dream is to work with animals, but I know they are very scarce. I know I need to go on job seekers for money and in hope of finding a job but the thought is making me feel ever so anxious, like I'm going to be forced in to a job which is going to really trigger my anxiety but they won't understand. It's stressing me out so much.

snowberry
02-18-2016, 12:19 PM
I think you need to deal with your anxiety first, bud. Talk to your doctor about how your anxiety is affecting your job search, and they should be able to steer you in the right direction. Your anxiety won't go away over night but you need to get to the point where it's not affecting your work life so you can search for something else with more confidence.

Thinking about getting a new/better job before dealing with the anxiety is like trying to swim to the surface of a lake while a big breeze block is tied to your leg. Gotta get rid of that first, or at least shrink it until it's more of a house brick.

jessed03
02-18-2016, 12:38 PM
Hi Redstone,

You should probably start off by telling your advisor you have an anxiety disorder that you're working on. It's good to be upfront about that, and will probably mean that they're nicer to you overall.

When you go for your first appointment, they'll ask you what field you want to work in. You can tell them what you want to do so (or give them a rough idea) so that you're not forced into an industry you despise.

They may also be able to help you with things like training. Perhaps learning a skill that allows you to work alone would be helpful?