PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, new here!

James88
02-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here. I've been dealing with driving anxiety for the past several years. Long story short, I had a really bad asthma attack in a car one day and it just kind of went from there. I've recently started a blog to use as a place to express myself. I'm also hoping that by sharing my stories, I can help other people who are dealing with anxiety as well. If anyone is interested, it is my first blog and I would appreciate any feedback. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

http://crazyanxiouslife.blogspot.com/

Please let me know what you guys think!

James88
02-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Couple new posts on the blog if anyone is interested!

jasonx165
02-21-2016, 06:31 AM
I went through the exact same thing for years. Although I feel silly about it because mine was a lot minor compared to yours. A few years back when I was first starting to go to college I had to drive myself down the street to the lightrail station to go to school unliscened. One day I was rear ended (a very minor rear end) and the person ended up driving away as I was pulling over (thank god for me haha).

But after that incident I couldn't never shake that scenario from my head. And then my mind started to wander into "what ifs" what if I was on the freeway? What if that was a high speed crash? I would constantly turn into a panicked mess. And the funny thing is after that I was actually a pretty solid driver, I ended up getting my liscense but that thought kept lingering. I eventually stopped it with reasoning. I started to think of all the times I was successful in driving and started to think of how all of those times alone outweighed the time I was only in one accident.

I know asthma attacks are way more serious than my issue, but I would still try to to your best to start reasoning in your head and start to think of the whole scheme of things. How many issues have you had with driving compared to no issues? And when its time to drive, just drive..don't dwell on it because 9 out of 10 times when you actually start to drive it's fine and you have nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps a little