PDA

View Full Version : Aching Eyes

jrreed360
09-23-2008, 08:06 AM
The past couple days my eyes have been so achy and tired feeling, throughout the entire day. It started off with my nasal passages feeling achy and irritated, but that's past. Now it seems like i'm making myself squint because my eyes want to close so badly. I've actually been sleeping better lately, so i'm not sure if it's stress causing this or what. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Carla
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi!
Stress/anxiety can affect your eyes &vision in a lot of of ways. If stress is keeping you from getting enough sleep, it can cause your eyes to feel dry and blurry. Using the pc a lot will cause dry achy tired eyes. Stress can raise your blood pressure, which will also affect your eyes & vision. Maybe you could have an allergy to something as that will affect the nasal passage too as well as the eyes? I would visit your gp or optician if it continues and use eye drops until then and see if that helps in any way. I hope it feels better soon for you!

MissCKC
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I suppose that it could be anxiety. Another possibility is a sinus infection. Sinusitis or other sinus related problems can cause achiness. Depending on which sinus is infected (there are at least 4 different areas) you can have aching behind the eyes, in the cheekbones, near the nose, etc. This may explain why you are feeling tired too. If this continues than I think it would be a good idea for you to go to a doctor and at least rule out the possibility of sinusitis. Hope you feel better! :)

ifigureditout
09-30-2008, 08:49 PM
I deal with this daily. Mine is not entirely anxiety but the anxiety definitely makes it worse. Could be hayfeever though, like a lite allergy.