PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone experience this?

fiddlewheel
02-12-2016, 06:11 PM
You do something well for a while, only to experience later when you dont do it well that you start to feel not good enough on it, which then affects how you do it later?

And only later, when you ask a question like this, and get the answer "maybe you werent good enough to begin with?", which leads to you not believing that you could do it? that you do indeed get so affected by this stuff?

salvator here
02-12-2016, 08:41 PM
It think is get this!

I 2nd guess myself at lot actually. Something shakes my confidence and I wonder if I ever really know what I was talking about; or doing. I think its too easy to let things rattle your cage when we all days when we are on our a-game, and other times when we have a off day.

The Intolerable Kid
02-15-2016, 06:22 AM
Some skills are perishable, a person needs to practice to maintain them. Not everything is like riding a bike. You shouldn't necessarily blame yourself.

Jdekker
02-15-2016, 04:49 PM
It sound to me like you're fearing failure, perhaps?

"You do something well for a while, only to experience later when you dont do it well that you start to feel not good enough on it, which then affects how you do it later?"

This statement in particular seems very familiar to me. Let me throw something your way, though, that will hopefully help your outlook.

It sounds like you're recognizing something you've done previously wasn't "good enough". Well, guess what? You're already one step ahead by realizing it. It sounds like you'r subconsciously raising the bar of expectation, which is good. What I would do is recognize where things went astray before and make them better, improve, grow. You can't be afraid of failing at things. Failure opens a world of opportunity to learning and growth. It's like being a boxer, losing a match, and studying the video-tape to see where you went wrong, then getting back to the grind and improving your game.

You probably don't want to be too specific about the issue at hand—and that's okay—but ask yourself: are you afraid of failing? You shouldn't be.

Whatever it is you're referring to, don't let the fears of not being good enough hold you back. I have a vast skill-set with different things and, man, let me tell you—I wasn't nearly as good at them the previous years than I am now. Keep pushing, fiddlewheel, don't let your fears hold you back!

James88
02-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Self doubt is pretty common with anxiety sufferers. You have to make sure that you understand that 1. it's ok to fail. 2. the anxiety is not your fault. you didn't do anything to cause this, but you can overcome it!

RoderickLariviere
02-18-2016, 12:04 AM
Its lack of self-esteem, and fear of failure. It is common feeling we all have somewhere in our mind. You need to fight with your fears, its ok if you fail on first attempt but you will get success later.