PDA

View Full Version : Lost All Motivation At Work Part 2

toughbird
02-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone

This is a new thread in response to my other thread " Lost All Motivation At Work". First of all, thank you so much to every person who kindly gave me advice and encouragement. Every bit of advice has helped me a lot.

Wanted to give you an update on my story so far.

I have been at my new role for the past five months. This month has been picking up and I feel I am about to gain new experience. My manager and I still have an off working relationship. I have gained enough strength to switch off from her negativity. I limit my interactions with her and I am focusing on what I need to do when I come into work.

I still experience flat mood and little motivation when I come on shift. I have one month left until my probation period is over. So I am waiting until I have passed my probation this way I am in a secure position i.e. have got the job. After that, I plan to look for another job.

My manager is about to go away on holiday for the next three weeks. I am the only experienced full time person whilst we have two full time people who are still learning and are new to the job.

My manager has put me in charge and to be honest, I am incredibly nervous and anxious about being the leader. This is a new experience which at the same time, I am quite excited to being learning something new.

Does anyone have any advice with being in charge and how to control my nerves? I don't want it to affect my performance. Because I really want to do my best and gain something positive from it.

Any Advice?