PDA

View Full Version : My Jaw is killing me

Obelysk
09-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Geez, its been hurting for a few days and I feel like my head is being compressed almost every day. Last night I slept a total of 2 hours and the pain in my jaw was unbearable. :( Does this happen to you guys???

kisstherain
09-22-2008, 04:30 PM
hi I have jaw pain too and it is caused by me clenching and grinding my teeth especially at night unknowingly. I keep having to get my molars filled again because I grind the enamel right down quickly and can't afford the $300 mouth guard.
Could you possibly be clenching or grinding you teeth?

Obelysk
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I am actually suspecting that I might be grinding my teeth now. :? My teeth feel kind of weird at times. Stupid anxiety, none of this shit used to happen to me 2 months ago. :evil: where can I get a mouth guard? I really don't care about the money, my health comes first.

Bungle
09-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi there
I often wake up in the night finding my jaw clenched. I don't grind my teeth though. Have a look online because you can get some mouth guards thatyou heat up yourself and mould do your teeth, however, I'm not sure if you can sleep in them.

Obelysk
09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, I got me one of those mouth guards that you can mold to your teeth structure and it has worked perfectly. :D My teeth felt slightly weird in the morning but my jaw was at 100%. :mrgreen:

Bungle
09-24-2008, 02:17 AM
That's great Obelysk! At least you're feeling a bit better with it! :D

ifigureditout
09-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Glad to hear you're better. For everyone else, I had this problem for a long time as well. I found a simple walmart mouthpiece to work quite well. The $300 dental pair molded from my actual teeth kinda sucked, too hard. And the $30 pair in the health aisle at the drug store was the same deal. Try the cheapies! You boil them in a pot of water, I think douse them in a bit of cold and then put them in your mouth so they form, works great. Read the instructions! Don't get burnt because my instructions are off! hah