PDA

View Full Version : Bad anxiety. Need advice.

WildSide
02-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Hello all!

I constantly have this feeling that i am dying but after having almost every test preformed on me by a doctor they have all said i am incredibly healthy, some even saying that i am abnormally healthy after seeing my blood test results or thyroid tests ect. I am obviously a hypochondriac and i have been for awhile. I get anxiety every time i feel my own heart beat which roots from my father heart attack i believe.

For instance i have had this pain in my upper right abdomen for a few months and i was afraid, still am, that is is my gallbladder or liver but all tests say I'm perfectly healthy.

Also i feel very depressed and have been for about 12 years now. All i want is to feel happy. I have seen multiple counselors for about 10 years and non have helped, life feels helpless and like i am bound to be like this until i die, which is silly but its what i feel like. Im not giving up though I'm continuing to try new counselors and try new natural remedies. St. Johns wort, vitamin b12 and vitamin D have made a big improvement but when i do have a down day like everybody does sometimes i forget to take them and then it starts a downward spiral.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

The Intolerable Kid
02-10-2016, 12:24 PM
You could try this: Go to Colorado. Start smoking that great dope they have out there. See if that has a positive effect on you. If it does help you, then move out there. No, I am not joking. Just my 2 cents.

WildSide
02-10-2016, 01:27 PM
I live in Washington, its legal here. I hate the feeling of being high.

Lis Rising
02-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Hey, I always have that fear of dying. When I first started having severe panic attacks a few years ago I'd constantly visit the hospital/doctor asking for tests etc., obviously they all said it's just anxiety but I know what it's like to not be able to believe them. Something I read once was that if tou were having heart problems you'd be unable to speak normally so sometimes I speak out lout when I'm feeling anxious, just telling myself to be calm etc.

The Intolerable Kid
02-12-2016, 06:50 AM
Wildside - "I live in Washington, its legal here. I hate the feeling of being high."

Too bad, for some folks (myself included) it induces a feeling of well being, which seems to be what you're looking for. Perhaps Xanax would be more to your liking. There are others here that might be able to suggest a better pharmaceutical or therapeutic solution.

James88
02-17-2016, 03:36 PM
It happens to the best of us! The key is to understand that you really -aren't- dying. I suggest maybe taking magnesium, exercising regularly, etc.

James88
02-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Pot actually makes most people I know have worse anxiety... I hate being around it personally. I have no issue with the actual substance, just don't like the way it makes me feel.

RoderickLariviere
02-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Yes, you should try natural remedies. Meditation and healthy eating, exercise will help you feel better. Taking therapy can also help your health anxiety.

salvator here
02-19-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm unable to smoke marijuana, as its really sets off a paranoid thinking process that I'm unable to deal with. I know others that swear by it, and I have no doubt that it is helpful for some dealing with MS and others health ailments. But using it to disguise mental health issues is not a smart thing to do - using it to disguise mental health issues (emphasis on disguise).

Good to hear you aren't going to give up, and you will continue to try more counselors (there are well-meaning, but limited). Panic attacks are awful, but they do pass is you allow them to.