PDA

View Full Version : Coffee triggered my panic attack.. Now I can't get over it

Brian1992
02-10-2016, 03:16 AM
I suffered from anxiety / panic attacks twice in my life (Chest pain / tightness / numbness / dizziness / headaches ect)

Each time I look back at when I suffered from anxiety..

1. My diet was bad
2. my sleep was not good due to working
3. Exercise stopped due to my job
4. And a trigger.. The first time it was marijuana when I was in highschool.. The 2nd time it was too much coffee.
5. All of this continually for maybe 3-5 months and my body couldn't take it anymore it had a panic attack. And now I know I screwed up. I wish I would have taken care of myself.

Here I am.. Again with anxiety and panic attacks and even tho I cleaned up my diet / exercise / sleep I still can't improve from anxiety? The first time I had panic attacks... All it took was / Welbutrin / mertazipine and diet / exercise and sleep and I was back to normal.. And I lived for 4 years completly normal!! But only untill I took on a really good job that was overnights.. I relied on coffee and I had a lot of fast food and stopped exercising all because of that job. And one night I had too much coffee and I drove home and I couldn't feel the steering wheel. My chest started hurting and I had a panic attack. (Prior to this within 3 months of this happening I was relying on coffee for appetite suppressing effects and I started having brain fog / lightheadedness when driving and numbness .. So I believe this anxiety was creeping up on me due to the coffee? Maybe making me malnutritient?

I'm not trying to go the drug route this time because the medication made me go from 220 pounds to 300 pounds in 3 months. I don't want to do that.

I'm currently on
- Swanson Super Stress B complex
-Nature valley Magnesium 450Mg
-One a day multivitamin
-Top secret CLA/Fish oil
-NOW foods thyroid support (When I was healed from anxiety 4 years ago the doc said my thyroids needed medication but I felt fine and I didn't want more meds)
-Decaf Green Tea
-1500Mg Saint John Wort ( I'm Following instructions on bottle I'm on month 1 )
-Inistol

I haven't seen no improvements .. My anxiety has gotten slightly worse(Headaches / shoulder and legs are always super tense / shrugged for weeks) and it's been 4 months now. I'm starting to get agrophobic. And headaches while working out so I'm scared to workout ... I know it's anxiety because as soon as I calm down it goes away.

Ide appreciate any tips or advice
Because I don't want to go to a doctor or psychiatrist again because all they did was prescribe me drugs. They offered no advice at all. I know the meds worked.. But the side effects weren't worth it..

I'm hoping to try something natural... I know their has to be something out their that was used in the old / ancient days before medication came out lol.

Anne1221
02-10-2016, 08:12 AM
The mertazipine is known to be the one antidepressant that is most associated with weight gain. Wellbutrin in associated with the least weight gain. I can tell you that taking Synthroid for your thyroid is not like taking any other medication. It just basically does what your body would naturally do if it worked right. It doesn't "treat" something like other medications do. I have taken it for years.
The coffee will wear out of your body naturally. If you're not going to take any medication, then I would suggest you make the exercise a priority.

Brian1992
02-10-2016, 09:50 AM
The mertazipine is known to be the one antidepressant that is most associated with weight gain. Wellbutrin in associated with the least weight gain. I can tell you that taking Synthroid for your thyroid is not like taking any other medication. It just basically does what your body would naturally do if it worked right. It doesn't "treat" something like other medications do. I have taken it for years.
The coffee will wear out of your body naturally. If you're not going to take any medication, then I would suggest you make the exercise a priority.

Thanks a lot im trying to slowly work my way into working out again the headaches are horrible. Anything natural worth taking?

Defeat Panic
02-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Brian1992 I'm in a quick hurry right now to go somewhere atm so don't have time to write a full reply.
Private Message me, I can help you for sure...no strings attached. I have completely recovered from anxiety and just trying to spread the "way".

salvator here
02-10-2016, 10:53 PM
Hey Brian - I read everything you wrote and just wanted to say, marijuana also made me much worse (extremely paranoid and sad), and I did also gain weight from medications; so understand you trying the natural route. I also take a Stress B complex in addition to an amino acid blend of [ Arginine / Glutamine / Tourine ] and I've noticed my focus is much better, and I also drink green tea for the L-Theanine as well only in the morning though since the caffeine causes me insomnia. I'm not sure about the headaches though. Good luck!

Brian1992
02-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Hey Brian - I read everything you wrote and just wanted to say, marijuana also made me much worse (extremely paranoid and sad), and I did also gain weight from medications; so understand you trying the natural route. I also take a Stress B complex in addition to an amino acid blend of [ Arginine / Glutamine / Tourine ] and I've noticed my focus is much better, and I also drink green tea for the L-Theanine as well only in the morning though since the caffeine causes me insomnia. I'm not sure about the headaches though. Good luck!

My casein protein has those amino acids I'm hoping they will
Help.

I'm nearing my 5th week of St. John wort and it supposed to take 4-6 weeks to kick in so I will let you all know if I feel any better. Also I have vitamin C-1000 and Vitamin D Complex 4000Iu coming in so I'll keep you all informed.

MP270996
02-13-2016, 07:35 AM
I dont drink coffee, not sure if it triggered panic attacks for me ever, but I remember it made me restless, not able to sleep so I take it maybe once in 3-4 months :)

James88
02-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Mine all started due to an asthma attack in the car. I would recommend taking magnesium, amino acids, and vitamin D to start with. Make sure you keep getting plenty of exercise.