PDA

View Full Version : Is this REALLY anxiety?

k2626
09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi all...about 3 months ago I started to get pulsating/stabbing/shooting pains all over my body, my joints have been cracking to the extreme and now I am getting muscle twitches all over my body, non stop. I have had an mri, bone scan, nerve testing, loads of blood work-all clear.

My father was dx a few months ago with cancer, and died about 3 months after...my dr said this is stress/anxiety from the event.

Could anxiety really cause pain, joint cracking etc???

Carla
09-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello!
Firstly I am so sorry to hear about your father. You must be going through an awful time. I know that anxiety can manifest itself in lots of physical symptoms. Anxiety will cause you to tense your muscles even though you are probably not aware of it doing so. A lot of people who have anxiety also have neck, back, and joint problems. As you have had tests done and these have been clear that I am sure that it has something to do with anxiety. Did you get the symptoms before your father was diagnosed? When I am really anxious I find my neck and back really become affected and painful with sharp stabbing pains and I know it is to do with how tense and anxious I am feeling and how tense my body therefore is. You are bound to be feeling anxious and stressed right now due to what has happened. If you can, then try some relaxation techniques, be kind to yourself and pamper yourself as much as possible and do everything there is to help relax you, from having a long soak in the bath to a massage to a holiday if you can take one. You deserve it whilst going through what is a deeply traumatic stressful time.